What's new
What's new

QT10N ATC Mill Spindle Inverter.

Helix60

Plastic
I'm looking for a download link for the installation/ operation manual for a National DV-503 inverter. This inverter runs the Mill spindle located on the X-axis. The motor even when the belts are removed stutters. When you increase the motor speed above 600 RPM it runs consistently, but the load meter is at about 60% then faults out. I've googled the internet to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Recently replaced the bolts on the front Z-axis Gib. They had been stresched and were loose from a crash prior to when i bought it. Found this when the tool was lifting when cutting in reverse spindle direction.

Regards,
Heli

Yes a T-3. I'm referring to spindle for live tooling. The inverter is housed in the upper control cabinet, not the lower. This National is OEM.

Found a used one in Ebay. No paperwork. And don't yet know what it came out of. Have no idea as to how to set it up. That's why I'm looking for the manual in English. Found one in Japanese, but the translators don't work very well.

This one is an '85 model. The Schematics state a DV-503 is used. I know Mazak changed the mill spindle controller a few times. Eventually combining it with the main spindle controller.

I have a Japanese version of the manual. However Google translate is not very efficient with this PDF. LOL

I'm going to replace all of the capacitors in the drive. It's almost 35 years old. Relatively inexpensive to the alternative.

Last edited:
I'm going to replace all of the capacitors in the drive. It's almost 35 years old. Relatively inexpensive to the alternative.

I think that is a great idea, I have repaired som servos and inverters that way.

Do you need any manual for the machine? (I dont have the manual for your national inverter)

Thanks for the offer. The only manual I'm looking for is for the National DV-503 VFD. I do have a Japanese version, which I've been translating with both the computer and a phone app..lol. Not at all a fun project.

Weird thing that made me think of the caps: I didn't have a problem with the mill drive until it started to cool off for the season. Got me thinking about the caps, plus they are 35 years old. Cost less than $20 for new ones. (Plus the time.)

This project started because the Front lower Carriage gib keeper was loose. Bolts had stretched and became loose, due to a crash prior to purchase.

We'll know at the end of the week.

Weird thing that made me think of the caps: I didn't have a problem with the mill drive until it started to cool off for the season. Got me thinking about the caps, plus they are 35 years old. Cost less than $20 for new ones. (Plus the time.)

Typical beavour of old and bad caps.

Do you have 1500rpm on the mill?
I changed the 2 pulleys, belts and a parameter so I now have about 3200rpm since we drill small holes and never doing any larger threads or so in that machine.

Mine is set up with the 2500 RPM Mill spindle. I do both edge and angle mill drill operations. So I'll keep it at 2500. I know there was simply a pulley belt change and a parameter change between the options.

Waiting impatiently for the new caps to arrive....lol

Well, the new CAPs didn't fix the inverter. Obtaining another "Working unit".

Wish me luck!

"New" used inverter arrived on Thursday. Installed and tested. Working like new again. Will see about rebuilding the old drive. I have a feeling one of the output drivers failed, since there is a control signal for each leg of the driver.

Back