What's new
What's new

QT15N with Mazatrol T32B, need help to fix errors

razielaka

Plastic
Hey Mazak guys,
I recently bought a QT15N with Mazatrol T32B control that came without any manuals though thankfully I found some of them on this forum. I haven't been able to get it to work yet because of a bunch of alarms. I'm guessing that some parameters need to be changed since I loaded the parameters from the EEPROM to fix some errors. I guess this was a big mistake.
I was able to get rid of a few of the alarms but now I'm stuck with a new error I didn't have before so they are most probably due to the parameters.
I get 250 Spindle Start Misoperation when I want try to start the spindle, though it does spin when I press the jog button. Opening/closing the chuck doesn't help. I don't have all the parameters in the Parameter Manual such as the R parameters. I guess the problems should be related to the ones missing in the manual.
I would appreciate any help you could provide, and thanks a bunch in advance.

Last edited:
I can send you my parameters to the machine and inverter if You want, but tomorrow. I have the same machine (with Mitsubishi freqrol inverter).
Let's hope the problem is about the parameters, not the broken inverter

I can send you my parameters to the machine and inverter if You want, but tomorrow. I have the same machine (with Mitsubishi freqrol inverter).
Let's hope the problem is about the parameters, not the broken inverter
That would be great. Thanks. Since I'm not sure what parameters are wrong, if I could compare the parameters on my machine with yours, it would go a long way in helping me fix the problem.
All the best

Thanks, I'll try that out. Though the spindle was working fine before I reloaded the parameters from the EEPROM so I'm guessing it has to do with incorrect parameters. I'm gonna try out different solutions, including messing with the parameters. I've already taken photos of the parameters so they're sorta backed up. I probably need to back everything up onto my laptop too, but I haven't figured out how yet. I should take some time to read the manuals I have instead of skimming through.
TL;DR Thanks for the pdfs. I'm sure they will be very helpful. I'll also try out your suggestion.

By the way, does anyone have the reinitialization procedure for the T32B control? I have the one for the T32-2 and -3 and I'm not sure if its the same.

If the machine is a chucker, you have to change a parameter (not sure which...) that tells the control to ignore tailstock quill sensors.

The control is looking for a “quill reverse” confirmation. So, if you have a chucker the control will not let the spindle start, since it can’t get the confirmation of the quill switch.

If you have a tailstock, make sure the quill and body tailstock sensors are working, and that both are reversed (all the way to the right).

ToolCat

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions to fix the problem, helping me find the root of the problem (I think). The previous owner had apparently replaced the tail sleeve extension/reaction switch on the control with one that returned to the center after you let it go. The sleeve would extend and retract but it wouldn't be under hydraulic pressure and the extended/retracted light would not remain on. I was slow to realize that this was not its correct behavior. The tailstock on my machine doesn't have any sensors. Instead, the extended/retracted lights go on only when you keep holding the switch in the relevant position. I should have guessed the problem sooner but frankly I'm still a noob in cncs let alone Mazak.
The previous owner probably disabled the parameter suggested by ToolCat to get rid of the alarm without fixing the switch. I couldn't find it though. I'll just replace the switch to get the lathe to behave.
Thanks again for the suggestions and the pdfs.

Back