What's new
What's new

QT6 hard disk failure - what to do?

andehe

Plastic
We purchased a decent 2000 QT6 fusion 640t that runs quite well.
It had been giving a few errors on startup and now looks like the drive is corrupted. We get the following error on power up
"Data error reading drive C
Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?"

20200103_093636.jpg

Any suggestions about how to get this error fixed?

We have some disks that came with the machine. I expect they have machine settings.

Preferably but I would also like access to the programs (we have had this only a few months and never made backups of them). The machine came full of programs from the original shop which are quite nice to use as baselines. I had been meaning to work out how to make backups for these files but never got around to it,

Thanks in advance

Call Mitsubishi support in Chicago.

847.478.2500 ex 2

Their phone support is very good. They'll walk through as much as they can on the phone with you, no charge.

I had a drive fail on a Fusion control a couple years ago and they gave me the choices of shipping me a new drive and instructions on installing it, having me ship the processor to them and they would swap the drives and make sure it worked and send it back, or roll a tech for a service call with a new drive. I ended up having the service tech come out and take care of it, since I'm not terribly far away. With travel time, my average Mitsubishi service call seems to be about $1000. If I recall, the drive itself was about $1300 or so, but there are different situations depending on what age the machine is and what version of things you have. The tech was able to recover the programs and all the settings and things from my old drive.

Call them and let them walk through things. You may also have a bad drive controller or something on a board.

Mark

I recently had a similar hard drive error. I checked behind the control panel and found that the ribbon cable wasn't fully connected at one end. Hope that helps someone.

--Bryan

Back