QT8 Parameters, Alarms, Re-initialization,and power supply failure. Need Help.
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    mebane,nc
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default QT8 Parameters, Alarms, Re-initialization,and power supply failure. Need Help.

    I bought a qt8 Mazatrol T2 and got it home. It has been in storage some time and the batteries have died. This corrupted the parameters and data. I recorded the parameters such as they were,and performed the re-init from service bulletin 0989-002. The electrical manual for this machine was not with the machine. So I do not have the parameters.The machine behaves much better after the re-init. I have two hard alarms 20,and 204 spindle controller. I found a post on here about the power supply dying on the spindle drive. I believe mine has died,there were no leds lit. I checked the ac voltage to the drive it was 230v and there is 230v at the power supply input connection as well.I removed the power supply and powered it on the bench out of circuit. The yellow led lights for a second then goes out. I have electronics equipment and I will try and diagnose the power supply. I called mazak on the parameters,the tech was helpful,and hopeful. He said someone at the factory can get me those parameters for a minimum charge of $500.00 I got a box full of books with the lathe,some of them are for other machines. I have elect manuals for qt35,and qt10n but I dont think I can use the parameters for those,something rather important is going to be different. I have some more reading to do tonight in the parameters manual,but I know some of the guys on here have been here and done this. Any help you can give I thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default

    Interesting project
    For the power supply I would exchange all capacitors even before I checked anything else, capacitor are the only components age and I repaired one with the same problem by doing that.
    I think I can get parameters for you from annother QT8. (not mine)
    What options does your QT8 have?
    Tailstock or subspindle?
    Number of tools?
    EIA/ISO?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Deese I have a few PDF manuals for the FREQROL FR-SX drive if you need them just send me a PM with your email and I'll get them to you. They have all the troubleshooting and wiring info I got from Mitsubishi when I was fixing mine. They are also available on Mitsubishi's website.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    mebane,nc
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benganboll View Post
    Interesting project
    For the power supply I would exchange all capacitors even before I checked anything else, capacitor are the only components age and I repaired one with the same problem by doing that.
    I think I can get parameters for you from annother QT8. (not mine)
    What options does your QT8 have?
    Tailstock or subspindle?
    Number of tools?
    EIA/ISO?
    It has 8 tools,a hydraulic chuck,and tailstock. tool measurement arm. I think it does have eia option,it certainly has enough eia programming manuals with it. Came from a college so I guess they had a few copies made.Hyd chuck calls out 4500 rpm max. Im pawing through parameters I found from other posts,and some I have for other machines. I would love to see what you have on qt8. A lot of the parameters are nominal numbers for operations the machine does,the ones I have found most specific to the individual machine are blank with a note to measure the actual machine. I'm working through it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    136

    Default

    Hopefully this works. If the link doesn't work just cut and paste and try that

    Dropbox - MazakQT10N1986OperatingManual_T2.pdf

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    mebane,nc
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sudsy55 View Post
    Hopefully this works. If the link doesn't work just cut and paste and try that

    Dropbox - MazakQT10N1986OperatingManual_T2.pdf
    I works, I have the operating manual for my machine. I dont have the electrical manual with the parameters list. Thank you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    mebane,nc
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by novation1 View Post
    Deese I have a few PDF manuals for the FREQROL FR-SX drive if you need them just send me a PM with your email and I'll get them to you. They have all the troubleshooting and wiring info I got from Mitsubishi when I was fixing mine. They are also available on Mitsubishi's website.
    Thanks I got the manuals in my inbox.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    mebane,nc
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Parameters

    So I have been sorting these parameters and it looks like the op parameters are going to be my biggest problem. I found a list of op params 0p1-op6 but they are a little vauge. op1 bit 0 is 0 for standard chuck,and 1 for special chuck. I mean I dont know what a standard chuck was on a qt8 in 1988. I have hydraulic chuck,and tailstock. I guess thats special. I have the tool setter arm. No sub spindle. 8 position turret.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default

    Here is parameters from a QT10 with these options (Will get from a QT8 aswell but I think you can use these OP parameters)
    Metric (Parameter P6=1 for inch)
    8 tool positions
    Standard 3 jaw chuck
    Tailstock
    2 pedals for open/close
    EIA/ISO
    no gears on spindle

    I recommend to buy MazView - Mazak Mazatrol file-viewer and communications [] to be able to store programs and parameters on a PC
    ajfan-1388.jpgajfan-1389.jpgajfan-1390.jpg

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deese View Post
    I works, I have the operating manual for my machine. I dont have the electrical manual with the parameters list. Thank you
    Fairly sure that has the parameters in it as well

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    mebane,nc
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benganboll View Post
    Here is parameters from a QT10 with these options (Will get from a QT8 aswell but I think you can use these OP parameters)
    Metric (Parameter P6=1 for inch)
    8 tool positions
    Standard 3 jaw chuck
    Tailstock
    2 pedals for open/close
    EIA/ISO
    no gears on spindle

    I recommend to buy MazView - Mazak Mazatrol file-viewer and communications [] to be able to store programs and parameters on a PC
    ajfan-1388.jpgajfan-1389.jpgajfan-1390.jpg
    Ok this is helping me understand somehing about the op parameters. So when you enter the binary parameters to have to enter bit 7 first.In the option list I have they are listed bit 0 to bit 7 so if you work down the list whilst entering into the buffer you will be entering them backwards. So on this machine we use op1 for example. Op1 is 0000 1001 so bit0 is "1" that calls a special chuck-"when the open and close confirmation of a chuck is fitted to the machine" then bit3 is "1" that calls special chuck-"the work is took off the jaw of a chuck while the foot switch of "chuck open" is trod on. Yes it really says trod,I feel like mazak has trod on me. Do you agree
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20190404_083520.jpg  

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    2,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    486

    Default

    Bit 7 is on the left, and bit 0 is on the right
    The list is from lowest value bit 0 = 1 to highest value bit 7 = 128 (decimal values)
    I don't see any Octal (base 8) or hex (base 16) numbers in your list.

    You will be starting out with another machine's backlash comps and tool eye calibration.

    Bill

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deese View Post
    Do you agree
    Yes, and when you enter them you have to enter a parity number of how many 1 you have like this
    0000 0000 = 000000000
    0000 0101 = 000001012
    1111 1111 = 111111118

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    mebane,nc
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    I ordered some desoldering equipment so I can attempt a repair on my power supply. I was wanting a hot vac de soldering gun for some time anyway. I have a question about the tools in the turret. I never had a turning center before,and of all the manuals I have read working on this I have not seen any mention of how to put tools in the turret and set the height,or concentricity for round shank holders.Where can I find some info on that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Mebane North Carolina USA
    Posts
    6,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    53
    Likes (Received)
    1864

    Default

    Round shank live on a bolt on block on the periphery of the turret on most machines. The square stick tools require no height adjust for centerline. You have to use the correct size shank that the turret was designed to take. If the tools are slightly off height someone bumped the tool hard and shifted the turret. A really common problem is 1" tools in a machine meant for 25mm tools

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    mebane,nc
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mebfab View Post
    Round shank live on a bolt on block on the periphery of the turret on most machines. The square stick tools require no height adjust for centerline. You have to use the correct size shank that the turret was designed to take. If the tools are slightly off height someone bumped the tool hard and shifted the turret. A really common problem is 1" tools in a machine meant for 25mm tools
    That is about what I figured. So now I need all those 20mm tools that I hacked to go in a bxa holder.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Country
    AFGHANISTAN
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Some one have this problem?
    In qt 8. Alarm 128?

    Enviado do meu G3121 através do Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default

    Same problem?
    I dont think so...

    Any other alarm under diagnostic page?
    Is it a T2, T32 or newer?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Country
    AFGHANISTAN
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Thanks for reply.

    I buy a machine used.
    First start have error 39, 215 and 128.
    39 is transistors in driver X. Change that and error is missing,
    215 is problem in chuck, but i remove eletric indution in hidraulic pump and force by hand to open mode and error is missing too, I think is safe mode because other error 128,
    In manual 128 is reference problem in outside interlock axis.. But i dont how to refer that..

    Enviado do meu G3121 através do Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Country
    AFGHANISTAN
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benganboll View Post
    Same problem?
    I dont think so...

    Any other alarm under diagnostic page?
    Is it a T2, T32 or newer?
    Is a T 32-2.


    Enviado do meu G3121 através do Tapatalk


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •