What's new
What's new

QT8 Parameters, Alarms, Re-initialization,and power supply failure. Need Help.

Deese

Aluminum
I bought a qt8 Mazatrol T2 and got it home. It has been in storage some time and the batteries have died. This corrupted the parameters and data. I recorded the parameters such as they were,and performed the re-init from service bulletin 0989-002. The electrical manual for this machine was not with the machine. So I do not have the parameters.The machine behaves much better after the re-init. I have two hard alarms 20,and 204 spindle controller. I found a post on here about the power supply dying on the spindle drive. I believe mine has died,there were no leds lit. I checked the ac voltage to the drive it was 230v and there is 230v at the power supply input connection as well.I removed the power supply and powered it on the bench out of circuit. The yellow led lights for a second then goes out. I have electronics equipment and I will try and diagnose the power supply. I called mazak on the parameters,the tech was helpful,and hopeful. He said someone at the factory can get me those parameters for a minimum charge of $500.00 I got a box full of books with the lathe,some of them are for other machines. I have elect manuals for qt35,and qt10n but I dont think I can use the parameters for those,something rather important is going to be different. I have some more reading to do tonight in the parameters manual,but I know some of the guys on here have been here and done this. Any help you can give I thank you.

Interesting project :)
For the power supply I would exchange all capacitors even before I checked anything else, capacitor are the only components age and I repaired one with the same problem by doing that.
I think I can get parameters for you from annother QT8. (not mine)
What options does your QT8 have?
Tailstock or subspindle?
Number of tools?
EIA/ISO?

Deese I have a few PDF manuals for the FREQROL FR-SX drive if you need them just send me a PM with your email and I'll get them to you. They have all the troubleshooting and wiring info I got from Mitsubishi when I was fixing mine. They are also available on Mitsubishi's website.

Interesting project :)
For the power supply I would exchange all capacitors even before I checked anything else, capacitor are the only components age and I repaired one with the same problem by doing that.
I think I can get parameters for you from annother QT8. (not mine)
What options does your QT8 have?
Tailstock or subspindle?
Number of tools?
EIA/ISO?

It has 8 tools,a hydraulic chuck,and tailstock. tool measurement arm. I think it does have eia option,it certainly has enough eia programming manuals with it. Came from a college so I guess they had a few copies made.Hyd chuck calls out 4500 rpm max. Im pawing through parameters I found from other posts,and some I have for other machines. I would love to see what you have on qt8. A lot of the parameters are nominal numbers for operations the machine does,the ones I have found most specific to the individual machine are blank with a note to measure the actual machine. I'm working through it.

Deese I have a few PDF manuals for the FREQROL FR-SX drive if you need them just send me a PM with your email and I'll get them to you. They have all the troubleshooting and wiring info I got from Mitsubishi when I was fixing mine. They are also available on Mitsubishi's website.

Thanks I got the manuals in my inbox.

Parameters

So I have been sorting these parameters and it looks like the op parameters are going to be my biggest problem. I found a list of op params 0p1-op6 but they are a little vauge. op1 bit 0 is 0 for standard chuck,and 1 for special chuck. I mean I dont know what a standard chuck was on a qt8 in 1988. I have hydraulic chuck,and tailstock. I guess thats special. I have the tool setter arm. No sub spindle. 8 position turret.

Here is parameters from a QT10 with these options (Will get from a QT8 aswell but I think you can use these OP parameters)
Metric (Parameter P6=1 for inch)
8 tool positions
Standard 3 jaw chuck
Tailstock
2 pedals for open/close
EIA/ISO
no gears on spindle

I recommend to buy MazView - Mazak Mazatrol file-viewer and communications [] to be able to store programs and parameters on a PC
View attachment 253717View attachment 253718View attachment 253719

Ok this is helping me understand somehing about the op parameters. So when you enter the binary parameters to have to enter bit 7 first.In the option list I have they are listed bit 0 to bit 7 so if you work down the list whilst entering into the buffer you will be entering them backwards. So on this machine we use op1 for example. Op1 is 0000 1001 so bit0 is "1" that calls a special chuck-"when the open and close confirmation of a chuck is fitted to the machine" then bit3 is "1" that calls special chuck-"the work is took off the jaw of a chuck while the foot switch of "chuck open" is trod on. Yes it really says trod,I feel like mazak has trod on me. Do you agree

Attachments

• IMG_20190404_083520.jpg
    IMG_20190404_083520.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 184
Bit 7 is on the left, and bit 0 is on the right
The list is from lowest value bit 0 = 1 to highest value bit 7 = 128 (decimal values)
I don't see any Octal (base 8) or hex (base 16) numbers in your list.

You will be starting out with another machine's backlash comps and tool eye calibration.

Bill

I ordered some desoldering equipment so I can attempt a repair on my power supply. I was wanting a hot vac de soldering gun for some time anyway. I have a question about the tools in the turret. I never had a turning center before,and of all the manuals I have read working on this I have not seen any mention of how to put tools in the turret and set the height,or concentricity for round shank holders.Where can I find some info on that.

Round shank live on a bolt on block on the periphery of the turret on most machines. The square stick tools require no height adjust for centerline. You have to use the correct size shank that the turret was designed to take. If the tools are slightly off height someone bumped the tool hard and shifted the turret. A really common problem is 1" tools in a machine meant for 25mm tools

Round shank live on a bolt on block on the periphery of the turret on most machines. The square stick tools require no height adjust for centerline. You have to use the correct size shank that the turret was designed to take. If the tools are slightly off height someone bumped the tool hard and shifted the turret. A really common problem is 1" tools in a machine meant for 25mm tools

That is about what I figured. So now I need all those 20mm tools that I hacked to go in a bxa holder.

Thanks for reply.

I buy a machine used.
First start have error 39, 215 and 128.
39 is transistors in driver X. Change that and error is missing,
215 is problem in chuck, but i remove eletric indution in hidraulic pump and force by hand to open mode and error is missing too, I think is safe mode because other error 128,
In manual 128 is reference problem in outside interlock axis.. But i dont how to refer that..

Enviado do meu G3121 através do Tapatalk

Back