What's new
What's new

Question about teaching the Z.

GoneFishing

Plastic
I run a Vortex 1060V/8, and I'm new to machining in general. However, I have a question about teaching the Z.

When we setup a fixture, we set the Z off the height of the tooling ball. This is a known dimension, say, 16.

How come when I go to teach the Z, I have to input -16, then hit teach?

Why don't I have to input +16? Because the location is +16 from 0.

There is a parameter that sets whether you use a positive or negative value for teaching, L56. Default value will act as you are seeing

I don't recommend changing it yourself since you're still pretty new, unless your supervisor agrees. I always change it because I have the same mindset as you described.

There is a parameter that sets whether you use a positive or negative value for teaching, L56. Default value will act as you are seeing

I don't recommend changing it yourself since you're still pretty new, unless your supervisor agrees. I always change it because I have the same mindset as you described.

Well hello, neighbor! I work here in Glastonbury.

I'm not going to mess with anything, but if I change L56, will it mess with anything other than the Z?

I appreciate the help.

Edit: I actually just found it in the manual. It currently measures from the tool tip, to zero, with a sign.

Back