What's new
What's new

Question for the new Mazak Quick Turn 200MY

Mr.E

Aluminum
Bin programing a SQT 15MS Super Quick Turn (T-Plus) sense 1995 or 25 years.
Were getting it replaced to a new Mazak Quick Turn 200MY
"MY" is live mill tooling and Y axis.

How is that machine compared to old one?
Is there a huge or little difference from the Mazatrol T-Plus to the new Mazatrol SmoothG controler?

FYI, Also program a Haas ST20 Lathe

Thanks

Mostly gonna be the same, there are new features that make life easier. But the basic mazatrol is the same. If it's a SmoothG control the tool data will look a little different as well.

Do what I did: I have a 2009-200 QT-Just got in a 250 MY-Got all the manuals in Print-took the Operation & Application Manuals over to Staples-anyplace will work-had copies made-cheaper than Mazak-on heavy bond paper-that way I have copies at home & shop. I am reading & re-reading-lots of differences...talk to you salesman about getting the printed copies-mine were 300-but much easier for my old brain-than the Disks-
Bin programing a SQT 15MS Super Quick Turn (T-Plus) sense 1995 or 25 years.
Were getting it replaced to a new Mazak Quick Turn 200MY
"MY" is live mill tooling and Y axis.

How is that machine compared to old one?
Is there a huge or little difference from the Mazatrol T-Plus to the new Mazatrol SmoothG controler?

FYI, Also program a Haas ST20 Lathe

Thanks

It will be several months for delivery, not at that point yet. Trying to get a little for hand knowledge.
I will look into copying some books at staples because they do seem to vanish especially the program manual.

Thanks

Back