What's new
What's new

Everything Stopped

Circuit 1

Aluminum
SQT-10M T-Plus. I powered up the machine. Set a tool with the tooleye. Was running the spindle at about 500 rpm to let it warm up a bit. Pulled up the program and standing there looking at it and then I heard a noise like a breaker kicking out. I then lost the screen and hydraulics. I then shut everything off and powered the main switch and I had the electrical cabinet fans as normal. Push the green button and the monitor fan came on but nothing else. I've tried resetting every breaker I could find and wiggled all the connections but still no screen or hydraulics. I don't know a whole lot about the electrical on this so any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Thanks!

Just to add to this. When I push the green button I can feel a bit of a buzz in the console like it normally does when then control powers up. And as I mentioned before the fans in the monitor cabinet come on. The feed and speed override lights up and reads all zeroes, but nothing else lights up. Then when I shut it off I'll get that quick white screen flash like it normally does when it shuts down. So that tells me I'm getting power to at least the monitor.

Why don't you put" "SQT-10M T-Plus" in your title to catch more eyes. You'll have to start a new thread. You cannot edit the main title for some reason.

If the servo drives and the spindle controller power up but the nc won't power up that sounds like a dead nc power supply.
These can be repaired without too much cost.

I spent an hour on the phone with Mitsubishi and they narrowed it down to what they think it might be is the QX-141 board. They said it could also maybe be the QX-084 board which I hope not because that one is really expensive. I have a tech guy coming down and he said he would bring new boards to troubleshoot the problem with. Then if we determine which board it is I'll have the option to purchase the new board(s) or send mine in to be rebuilt. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Okay I need to correct myself. It's the QX-722 board they think is bad. And they said it could be also the QX-141 board too. And the QX-141 board is the expensive one.

The QX-141 is the motherboard for the control system, and is where the cartridges plug in, which have the PLC and CNC programs and system memory.

On the QX-722 board, LED 1 was red and LED 2 was green and that's why they suspect that card is bad. But they said the QX-141 card could be bad too and why I'm not sure. This is all kind of new to me.

Just as an update it was the QX-141 board. They had quoted me for a new board $3600.00. But to send mine in to Mitsubishi for repair is about $1200.00. I decided to do that because all the used boards on ebay in the US were about that much. And the tech told me Mitsubishi has a year warranty on the rebuilt boards.

Back