What's new
What's new

Quick Turn 250 - Mazatrol 640T control - EIA/ISO enable

Vinnie_Lathist

Plastic
Good afternoon all,

I am working on offline programming for my shop (new to cad/cam) and I do not have the EIA/ISO option enabled on my controller. I can load a program but it will not run it. Alarm reads "151 NO EIA/ISO OPTION". If I go to program a new workpiece, I do not have any option besides MAZATROL for programming.

Is there a parameter I can change to enable this? If I need some other info to help, please let me know.

Thanks

As far as I'm aware, this is an option that had to be purchased from Mazak when the machine was ordered. I don't think there is a way to purchase it after the fact. If there is, I've never seen it done.

It may be possible, but you'd have to call Mazak and ask if that's something they offer.

I was hoping that wasn't the case Arc. I will get ahold of the local Mazak guru and see if he can find a way to do it.

I was trying to use our current offline programming (Fusion 360 and Inventor CAM) but I would rather look into Mazacam. We have 6 Mazaks ((2)T32s, (2)640m/t,(2)Smooth X) and 2 Haas machines. Seems it would be beneficial to output in Mazatrol, as that is what the guys in the mill prefer/use.

Thanks.

Check with Mazak because my thought is that it is already on your control. Just needs some $ to be enabled? I have Griffo Bros and have used it exactly once to make a program. It can read a dxf. file. My current Griffo software does not do Smooth as far as I can see. Not even sure if it does Matrix. I may upgrade, maybe not. After shoulder injuries it is a pain to enter long programs standing at the control. Maybe time for a keyboard and mouse at the machine.

I will reach out to a friend that worked for Mazak. I am sure there is some MF1 button and parameter combination that will enable EIA/ISO. Keyboard at the machine sounds great. I recently ditched the flopping drive and added USB for DATA IN/OUT. Little changes to speed anything up.

Did you ever find out how to enable the EIA option? I have a 1998 QT-25L with 640T that I would like to be able to send G-CODE to.

Back