What's new
What's new

Re-commishioning Supermax with FCAM3A control

A1CNC

Aluminum
I am hoping this is a simple one. I have a Supermax rebel 3 that I am trying to get back running after it sat for 2 years. The control is a FCAM3A which I think is a Meldas M300 series.

I formatted the memory, loaded the cans. I also have a parameter sheet and have loaded all the parameters. The trouble I am having is that I can't get the machine to home. I can jog the machine but only if I use the handwheel (Handwheel only seems to move in .0001 increments no matter the switch selection) I can jog using the buttons if the mode selector is on reference but it will keep going until it hits the Overt-ravel switch. It doesn't automatically go to the home switch, I have to keep holding the jog button.

The second might be more difficult,
When I got the machine the spindle drive was gone. I bought a FRSF 11k drive at auction that seems to function but I don't know what option card the original had and the one I have has a SF-TL option card. I only have 3 plugs to go to the drive but the manual seems to show 4 with the SF-TL.

When I command a speed and M3 It will hold position but doesn't rotate. When I command M19 it spins a couple rotations, stops then hunts slowly back and forth.

Any help GREATLY appreciated

Welcome to the wold of supermax rebel. Where limited info is very limited. I have a rebel 1 with a meldas m3 control and I had a similar issue when I lost the settings. I know there are some Latch bits that you have to enter manually. There is one for the handle type 1,2 or 3 u had to change that to type 3 on my machine. I'll have to look at my machine docs for sure. If you don't have your machine docs. Then u would suggest you scour the internet as it's imperative to have that into when dealing with the limit switches, registers and ladder

I have made some progress on the machine. I found a stuck homing switch on the y axis. Fixed that and I can get the machine to home if I use MDI and command G28(The Axis) 0. Then it will rapid to the switch and then when it gets to the other end of the dog it stops and sets zero. It will not however home if I use the jog buttons.

Dynoman, Could you tell me what parameter you set for the handle? I am pretty sure I need to set mine like you did to get my MPG to work right

Why did you ask a Supermax question in the Mazak forum?

Meldas isn't Mazak, it's Mitsubishi.

This question should be in the general CNC section so people who can help will actually see it.

Also, Have you called Mitsubishi? They're USA tech support is free and very good.

I posted here because Mazak IS a Mitsubishi control and Most people who have worked on a mazak would at least have some familiarity with a Mitsubishi control.

I have called mitsubishi since I posted and I agree they are very good.

I also contacted my local Supermax dealer and They contacted the manufacturer about manuals and parameters for my machine. I was suprised to hear back from them within a couple hours and now I have the original parameters, the operation and parts manuals for my machine :)

HI, Bro.
I posted here because Mazak IS a Mitsubishi control and Most people who have worked on a mazak would at least have some familiarity with a Mitsubishi control.

I have called mitsubishi since I posted and I agree they are very good.

I also contacted my local Supermax dealer and They contacted the manufacturer about manuals and parameters for my machine. I was suprised to hear back from them within a couple hours and now I have the original parameters, the operation and parts manuals for my machine :)
dear Sir.
my machine with FCAM3 controller hook up with some errors I no have any related documents.
so, if you have the maintenance manual of FCAM3 controller please send to me with your generous.

I am very grateful for your help.
Best regards

Back