What's new
What's new

Re-Home Turret QTN 250msy Nexus 640T

mbpp

Aluminum
Hi Guys,
I got this alarm on switch on this morning.
"378 Battery Malfunction (Turret)"
IMG_2130.jpg

So I managed to change the battery in the MR2J drive after watching a video of someone doing similar.
Power on when changed.

I need the find the procedure for re-homing the turret.

If anyone has it or could do a step by step guide I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Is this a windows machine? Get into windows and there is something to click on. Then click on something else. MRJ2 RESTORE? Then a few more clicks and done.
I have the procedure documented at work and have done it several times. Sometimes it looks like it fails, but it works again. MR J2 restore thingie.
Once you do these restore procedures a few times you realize that changing batteries every few years is a lot easier. MR J2 batteries hot swap. Throw a code when you do that. Power off and back on (if there was no alarm issue). All gone. While you are at it you may buy CPU batteries too. Not sure how to change on that machine. On a Fusion I have CPU cabinet open and then power down. Swap battery right away and all will be well when powering up. Good luck and hope
I remember tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
I got it sorted today after several attempts. A nightmare really.
Yes windows based 640t nexus.
I found a few videos yesterday on one of my many google searches where a guy was putting parameters back on an
MRJ2 after a dead battery and then re-homing it. That was on a matrix controller so I wasn't sure if it was the same. Between that and a pdf. for a smart controller that explained about the "Turret unclamp" "Turret mode" and "Turret home" keys I managed to get it working. After the parameters were put back in the MRJ2 similar to the video just "turret" parameters instead of "ATC", power off and back on. The Turret home position (Tool 1) then had to be set similar to video but I think I had to use the keys on the mazatrol screen and get the "turret home" lighting fully before I went back into the MRJ2 software and set home or origin there.

The video is really very good. I'll attach it or a link to it here and one for the pdf. about the turret keys.

[video]https://vimeopro.com/simpleleicester/mazak-customer-training/video/116944648[/video]

http://cncbatteries.com/products/supporting_files/qsm_100_lathe/HB06MA0012E%20-%20Maintenance%20Manual%20-%20Quick%20Turn%20Smart%20100%20S%20150%20S%20-%20Turret%20Zero%20point.pdf

Thanks very much.

I found my docs about the repair procedure and it was 7 pages with a lot of screen shots. Glad you got it fixed because I would need to find it on my hard drive at work to see if I could copy it without the Mazak Police coming after me.

Back