What's new
What's new

Reform on T1, can I add an M code? Getting frustrated with this old control.

mmurray70

Stainless
Wondering if I can add an M code to reform on my T1 control QT10? I need to run in reverse due to a boring bar being wrong hand. When I try and do a reform it does not read the M code to reverse the spindle. I put the M code within the process and it did not even read it in auto, had to put it in previous process to run correctly and now reform doesnt read it. Any suggestions?

Seems like there are a lot of headaches and limitations with this T1 control on my machine. Getting frustrated with it all today. I cant restart in auto on any process with my particular T1, now I cant even do a finish pass with the wrong hand tool, I cant groove sensibly with my T1, I cant copy and paste programs or processes. Every time I use this machine its just a constant work around something. Im kinda wishing I had taken the time to retrofit this with Kflop/kmotion like I had origionally planned too. Everyone said it would be crazy to retrofit a Mazak but I feel its crazy fighting with this old control.

Sorry for the rant, let me know if theres anything I can do. Thanks.

Sounds like the control does not program like you want it to, rather than you learn how to properly program it.

You reverse rotation in the tool description, not in the program.

What is 'reform'???

Slow down, I've had a T1 for over 10 years, and I'm still absolutely blown away with how
easy it is... Granted, its not as easy as the newer controls, its a little pissy sometimes,
you do have to lie to it on occasion. But for the early 80's, its incredible... It would
still be pretty decent if it came out today.

What are your actual issues? maybe we can work through them... There are some things it just
isn't great at, grooves for instance...

With the T1 you cant specify rotation under the tool page. I've been having to do it with an M code.

Reform on a T1 is running just a finish pass. So you offset out, run your program, measure, adjust and then use reform to just run finish pass. Today I needed to use a carbide boring bar reach a small feature in a deep bore and I only had the wrong hand so had to use opposite rotation. Now on the T1 you cant specify rotation on the tool page so I had to reverse with M code, and when I use Reform to run finish pass to size it goes the wrong direction. Always running into little issues like this with this machine. Anybody have a solution to this problem?

Another logical idea would be to restart on the previous process so that it runs the M code. But my particular T1 (seems to be an early release) doesnt seem to be capable of restarting halfway through the program. I have the option to re run a single process finish pass (reform), but thats it. I cant seem to start on any given process and carry on. I have to start from the beginning. Huge pain in the ass. Others have told me I should be able to do this, and showed me step by step but my machine will not ask me for a process to start on after a certain step. So im guessing it cant do it.

Just a follow up, I did not find a way to run the single process in the opposite direction with the backwards tool. So what I did was break the program down into 2 programs. When it got to the tool I needed to run backwards I put that in the second program.

So to rerun that finish pass again I just deleted the roughing tool and ran that program from the beginning and spindle reversed properly with a M code in the previous process. Sounds like quite a tangle but honestly not all that bad. I only had one part but if I had a bunch I think I can jump right into the second program automatically from the end of program 1 anyway. I just have to be sure to set Z offset the same for both.

Part turned out great, sure leaves a nice finish despite being so old and the annoying control.

Attachments

• 20180803_125836.jpg
    20180803_125836.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 79

Back