What's new
What's new

Relief Groove

Circuit 1

Aluminum
QT10-N, T-Plus Control
I have a 1 1/2 x 8 internal thread. I've been using a boring bar (93 / 35) to put the relief groove on the inside. It's working fine but the problem I'm having is it's packing up with chips before the finish pass. And what I would like to do is have it retract and stop before the finish pass so I can pull the chips out.

I'm no master, but I think I would copy the PNO and leave the FT number from the first instance blank and the RT from the second instance blank, then insert a M0 in between the ops.

Edit: just tested on my T-2, if you place a M0 on the end of the SEQ block, it will stop before the finish pass.

Change the numbers to leave a little bit of material for finish and add a manual process.

The problem with the first option is I need it to retract out of the bore. And as for a manual process I have to admit I don't know how to do that in a program. I don't have a lot of experience with the lathe. I've made a lot of parts but when I have problems I start to struggle. That's why I rely on and appreciate every ones input.

If I have time tomorrow I'll look at the programming manual how to do a manual process. I haven't run the DT20 with T-Plus in a while so I can't remember off the top of my head.

Back