What's new
What's new

removing MP630 chuck/actuator?

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
hey guys,

So i've been messing around with me new to me mp630 (t32-6) and rebuilt the milling spindle on the right hand head and fixed a few other things, and cleaned up a few other things along the way. I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel... turns out the tunnel of light was the draw tube being jammed...

So first - the symptoms:
- chuck solenoids actuate fine - and there is definitely oil at the actuator.
- the draw tube can be seen to move less than 1mm at the actuator end
- the draw tube and the chuck jaws dont move at all.

What i've tried:
- I tried undoing the draw tube nut - to no avail (tried bulk lube - impact gun etc. nothing has worked so far and the slots are starting to look a bit second hand, so i don't want to try too much more if i can find another way)
- I tried next to remove the actuator first. I got all of the bolts undone off the mounting flange, then tried the draw tube nut again - the actuator cylinder has rotated about 1/100th of a turn, but won't go any further (again the draw tube nut is looking pretty average, so i don't want to give it too much go) and the most i can get it apart is about 3mm.
- I then found that it should be possible to pull the front off the chuck with it still mounted up (hopefully giving me better access at stuff if nothing else) so i've removed all the chuck bolts and strapped up the chuck and i can get it about 15mm away from the mounting face, but that's all she's got. no amount of prying etc is moving it any more - i even tried a 3 jaw puller on the ID of the chuck face to no avail.

I'm at a loss - what can i do next to get this happening?

Also the right hand chuck, while it works it only has 2mm of throw on the jaws, and from what i understand a b-212 chuck should have about 10mm of jaw stroke. is there something quick and easy i can check on this? (i'm guessing not but you never know :P

Cheers,
Trav

Win!

CGPoJjaF6PWikzjb6

The Milwaukee 1/2 rattle gun got very abused in the process. Once I had ugga duggad the draw tube back enough (left hand) to get to the chuck draw tube nut I made myself a special tool that fit as snug as possible and went hard (ran through 4 full 6ah batteries on the rattle gun) and it's off there's a lot of shit between the draw tube and the spindle tube, so I've built a dam around it and filled it with evaporust for the night.

Y8gBBjQNn6E4uhiv5

Thankfully the threads on both the draw tube and Chuck nut are still good.

HHWDmR2inhoAgp8P6

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

I've seen very nearly that
chips get packed in and then rust solid
no magic here, just pick and pound at it, I feel your pain brother

Back