What's new
What's new

Replacing spindle coolant hoses.

zoeper

Cast Iron
There is a leak on one of the braided hoses supplying coolant to the integral spindle motor on my DT20.
When the system is under pressure, coolant seeps out from under the braiding, runs down the outside of the hose and collects on the hydraulic reservoir where the hose passes over it.

Can I go to a normal hydraulic repair shop to have a replacement hose made up?
What type of coolant is compatible with the system, or should you use mazak coolant only?
Do these hoses get brittle from use or standing? I other words, is it time to replace the lot, or can I just fix the broken one?

Should the system be flushed or cleaned out before replacing with new coolant?
Any other maintenance that should be performed on the coolant system at this time?

I will check to ensure flow through spindle is good to verify that a blockage there was not the cause of the broken hose.

I don't suspect it even needs to be "hydraulic" this is a "low" pressure system. there is a zerex cross but I forget it. its basically a glycol automotive. someone that actually knows something should come along soon ;)

This one is leaking mid-pipe. It could be at one of the loops where it flexes as the head slides back and forth, or maybe at the point where it comes off the edge of the cradle.

Back