What's new
What's new

Save Me From Retrofitting-Mazaak QT8N with T Plus control

kade2

Plastic
I posted on a different forum, but it looks like this is where the action is.. I am copying a posting what I wrote on other thread.

Helping someone get a 1994 Mazak up and going again. It was supposedly running a few weeks ago, but you know how that goes. 3 phase power into the machine is good. Green start LED on front of control is lit. Red button is not. In the back cabinet, one of the small power supplies has a red LED on it and measure 24v. The other power supply is not lit up. I believe it receives its power from the main power supply board. This board is located with the other boards in a rack style setup. This board has nothing lit on it. I measured 50 volts going into the board. On the board, it says 100v IN.

Does anybody have any information such as a power flow control chart? What about an electrical diagram for T-plus control. Where does the power supply board receive its power form?

Thanks for the help!

*************update
Small update. We were told is was running on 220volts. Pulled the cover off to verify lugs on transformer and I am not really sure what it was set on, but it was not 220v....We have action now. On to the next problem.

Breaker QF12 trips immediately. Anybody point me in the right direction as to what that belongs to?
Light on power supply has a red led lit up for AC fail... from what I have read, it can be caused by a few things. Low/High AC voltage....It reads 107 which is within range. Second option is short to ground on 24v power supplies. Voltages on power supplies look fine. Removed output wires from power supply, no change.

Also, the KM21 main power supply contactor isn't pulled. At what point should that energize?

*****next update
Unplugged 24v power supplies and replugged them back in. Light is still on, but breaker doesn't trip anymore

I have an emergency stop alarm and a hydraulic low pressure alarm. How do I turn off the parameter for the hydraulic chuck. I want to run a manual 3 jaw chuck on this machine. If somebody could give me a little information on turning the hydraulic unit off, I think I might be in business.

Anybody have tech sheet on hydraulic unit? Any information would be very much appreciated.

On second thought, I am an idiot...lol. It has a hydraulic tailstock so.....I guess I need to fix the hydraulic leaks and get it working. Hydraulic motor isn't turning at all. Where is it getting power from?

Id stick at it, that control should be just fine when you get it working. The hydraulic chuck will be worth having too. I have a 3 jaw manual chuck on mine to get larger bar capacity and it gets to be a pain after 10,000 parts.

Pump doesn't come on at all. When the relays click in the back at power on, that alarm immediately comes up along with a loud alarm buzzer. No power at the pump motor.

Thanks

Back