What's new
What's new

Slant Turn 28 atc mc

Adam Daake

Aluminum
i am going to be looking at a slant turn 28 atc mc t3 control. How do you tell what options it has like if it has full C axis, iso, Dnc ect. Thanks

i am going to be looking at a slant turn 28 atc mc t3 control. How do you tell what options it has like if it has full C axis, iso, Dnc ect. Thanks
Regarding if the machine has a full C-axis, it will have an additional servo motor connected to the headstock. The indexing only machines had no C-axis servo motor and instead had a 120 tooth gear on the end of the headstock and 3 different pawls would engage to give you 1° indexing.

If the machine is powered up, you can check if the controller has EIA (G-Code) programming ability by trying to create a new program. The first thing the machine will ask you is EIA or Mazatrol program if the machine has the EIA option. If it just goes straight to creating a Mazatrol program, then the machine does not have EIA capability.

I looked at them today there are 2 one was powered the other one was not. The one that was running has full C axis you could jog it .001 of a degree. The running one has tail stock. The non running have no tail stock. Was the tail stock a option? It is hard to imagine that a that has 39" of travel wouldnt come with a tail stock.

If I decide i want them i will have to buy both. The non running lathe in the electrical cabinet there was a cable hooked to one of the cards that had a Ethernet plug on the other end and there was a wall wart. i should have took a picture.

Back