What's new
What's new

Smooth c threading speed change between passes

Delhomme

Plastic
Noob to practical machine questions....
We have power master n with 640t fusion (about 2005) that I am fluent on programming. We just purchased New Power master with smooth c programming. We deal a lot with threading. Going from the old to the new is very different. Lol. Question...when threading on fusion, I can speed up or slow down between passes from 10%-100%. It helps tremendously for chatter in threads. On the new smooth c programming I can not vary speed between passes. Is there a parameter I can change, or am I stuck. (I know changing speed in program is not recommended but I have done it numerous time successfully)

I learned the hard way on a T-Plus NEVER to change anything before re-threading (i.e. for size). This control was just prior to the fusion 640t control. So I am amazed you had no problems adjusting speed. Perhaps this is AFTER you engaged in the cut so no acceleration factor involved.
I doubt there is any parameter change available to allow this.
My solution is to thread at 100 sfm for all materials. Takes surprisingly little extra time, and thread inserts last a long time.

You need the Thread Start Point compensation software option. Your older machine has it, the newer one doesn't. It's option #56. Then the new machine will behave exactly the same way and allow you to change RPM during threading. Very handy function!

You are correct about the thread start#56. It works now. It helps a lot with chatter on some of the bigger threads we deal with. Thanks for help guys!!!!

Back