What's new
What's new

SQT-15M alarm 221 Turret clamp sensor malfunction

Captdave

Titanium
Just popped up and will have to dig into this in the morning, just wanted to see if anyone has any tips?

What I have seen so far is the turret moves very slowly and jerking but never makes to to the next position, I also noted that the milling spindle load goes up to 120% before the alarm comes on but the milling spindle is not used in this program.

Hi Dave,

The SQT "M" machines actually use the live-milling motor to rotate the turret. It sounds like you have a mechanical binding in this mechanism, or possibly the inverter for the live milling motor is going out. A study of your mechanical parts diagram will familiarize you with this somewhat complicated system.

To access the mechanicals in the turret, you will have to pull the large aluminum plate on the right side of the turret box. Also, you will probably have to disconnect rear Z-axis sliding cover to gain access from the rear.

It could be as simple as your turret-clamp sensor out-of-adjustment, or going bad. Or the 12-count encoder that tracks the turret stations - I had one of those go out on the SQT I had one time.

Good luck with it!

ToolCat Greg

Had it today when power failure while rotating. Turret didn't index properly.
Keep pressing tool change, emg stop, it finally rotated to next pocket.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

For future reference, rotate turret while hydraulics are off, using crow bar or any kind of extension. Turret will align with its coupling.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Ended up pulling the front cover and doing a good cleaning, there were some fines inside and its back in service. The front cover doesn't have any sort of gasket so I put a bead of grease around it hoping it will catch any fines in the future.

Back