What's new
What's new

SQT 18 MS maintaining parameters while in storage

madmachinst

Stainless
Some body told me to add a tender so I don't lose parameters while machine in purgatory. IMG_20200713_094923407.jpg
Is it one of the back doors I need to open to get to it, cause that seems out of the question.

It’s in the back door. You shoulda had the seller put a fresh on in before he shipped it. Mine went like 4 months with no issue but the seller put a brand new one in before I bought it.

Either door they are just one cabinet but you have to open the door closest to the headstock first no matter what.

Also look up on a t32 but I’m not sure you can change the battery without the machine having power. And I would say you’d be close to ok because I could give you most of the parameters but I have the newer talus controller on my machine.

13dd5a91e8b3413cc1b5792c16a4cb01.jpg

b58002716774e697dc4a9f38ad34a09a.jpg

e105966e4c525b3af67825dc0b59d3ec.jpg

can I swing those doors open say 15 degrees and then lift them off their hinges? Remember I only have 11" between shipping container wall and back of machine. So no go on battery tender? I can't seem to find one that only does 3V. Does opening the door require a 5/16 hex key? Can't really see back there.

For the Mazak M+/T+, the parameters are indeed permanently stored on an eprom in the control.

There is a procedure to re-initialize the control, and re-load the parameters from the eprom. Mitsubishi or Mazak can give you the procedure.

I wouldn't worry too much about the battery going dead, it's a simple matter to re-initialize the control and re-load the parameters. (You will lose any programs and tool data, cutting conditions, etc.)

ToolCat

For the Mazak M+/T+, the parameters are indeed permanently stored on an eprom in the control.

There is a procedure to re-initialize the control, and re-load the parameters from the eprom. Mitsubishi or Mazak can give you the procedure.

I wouldn't worry too much about the battery going dead, it's a simple matter to re-initialize the control and re-load the parameters. (You will lose any programs and tool data, cutting conditions, etc.)

ToolCat

couldn't afford the T+. I ended up with this.controller.jpg

are the latches in the back just push-buttons. I don't have any visibility there, I can reach it with my hand that is all.

Latches in the back are knobs that latch and then screw it to tighten by Allen wrench. Yours are probably real tight. Mine I can just turn them by hand.

so I have a totally different set up, but in this thread it seems like they are saying that a T32-3 saves all the info in the EEprom and there is a link to a pdf of the start up procedure. T32 wont start
Am I being so excited that I am reading into this the wrong way? Look at posts 15, 16 and 17.

Eh look how about you just cross that bridge when you get there and instead work on getting the machine hooked up to power for now?

I worried just like you but my machine sat for months and I wasted so much time researching about it and in the end there was no issue.

Back