What's new
What's new

SQT 250 MS boot issue.

Scruffy887

Titanium
Powered up yesterday and got ??? has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated. Something like that. Called Mazak and was told to call Mitsubishi. More as this develops. Could be just the hard drive failed. Time consuming but cheap. Or could be the control, $$$.

Update to issue. Have not been able to hook up with Mitsu yet. But after canceling the alarms I was able to look around in windows and even see directories, files, recent programs that have recent change dates. Thinking it is control at this point. :angry: But have headset charged now and will call the coneheads Monday. Wonky cell reception in that room.
I have a brand spanking new QT 250 MSY ready to rock, but no soft jaws ready yet. Gotta write all new programs too because Fusion programs do not transfer. And have to buy a handful of new tooling because tooling on this machine can be moved over. But not the tooling on the back of the turret, cuz cannot rotate turret unless control boots.

Todays update. I was getting ready to clear the sram and restore it. Had to open it up and turn something to 7, then power up. Control lobotomy after powering up was in store. While looking for the thingy to turn to 7 I noticed the ribbon cable going into the ??? almost fell apart. That ribbon cable needs to be un hooked to replace CPU battery. I never flipped the locking levers when plugged back in. 6 months of running and enough vibration to cause it to partially disconnect. Re seated, flipped levers, all is well.
I hope as it booted and axis moved, all worked.

I spoke too soon. All that I looked at yesterday seemed OK. Nope. Last program run was still on the screen. So I tried to run it. *** Z OFFSET MISSING error. WTF? So looked on SETUP and nothing. Then looked into PROGRAM FILES and none of the 80 programs I have were there. Yet all programs show up on HD with .MAZ extensions. (used winders to see them). I loaded some programs from backup floppies and ran one, it did work. For some reason the control cannot see all programs. And some keys I need appear not to be on my machine. Mazak tech support was wanting me to push a soft key that was not there. I can get it to work and make good parts. But really would get it back to where it was.

Back