What's new
What's new

Sqt10ms loses power to monitor and control board

blgmachine

Cast Iron
1994 SQT10MS
MACHINE WOULD POWER UP IN MORNING RUN FINE FOR 1/2 HOUR THEN MONITOR AND CONTROL PANEL GOES BLANK,HYRAULICS STILL ON.
SHUT MACHINE DOWN RESTART AND RUNS ALL DAY.NOW SOMETIMES WONT START UP IN MORNING UNTIL WE ON/OFF MAIN POWER A FEW TIMES.
THOUGHT MAYBE A SHORT BUT NOW TODAY THE SISTER MACHINE IS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Gus

Are your machines T32 or T-Plus?

The NC power supply (QX084) for the T-Plus can fail on outputting AC voltage for the monitor and control panel. Look on the power supply for red lights. Also verify the 100V's are good coming out.

Possibly same with a T32, I'm not sure which board is the NC power supply.

Also, fyi, don't type in all CAPS...it comes across as "yelling" and is much harder to read.

ToolCat

I had a similar issue with my vqc recently. Was losing a phase in the power supply. Mine looks like it was powé company relates with a poor contact out in the street but something similar could be happening in your supply especially if its more than 1 machine

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I faced the same problem, some months ago, on my SQT10M
It appears that a small component on the POWER SUPPLY board of the CNC UNIT(PD21B) had gone bad and gave now and then an output of -0.5 volts below the expected voltage.It costed more to find the problem than to repair it...

the hydraulic staying on is a real odd one.
most any failure would drop that out first in a fatal e-stop level alarm.
its gotta be in that NC. have you called mitsubishi?

Those keyboard power supplies are known to fail on the T32/M32 controls.

They are a standard design power supply made by many manufacturers - with those of that size having similar voltage output pins. You can source a replacement on EBay if necessary.

The voltages are all pretty standard on those, while some versions will be rated for a bit more or less amps per circuit.

I have successfully replaced one with a similar unit that had slightly less amp ratings...it’s worked fine for several years.

Here’s a Nemic/Lambda that drops in:

Nemic-Lambda LWT-3B/01 Power Supply 85-250VAC Input 42W #26A44 | eBay

Back