SQT200 after dead battery
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default SQT200 after dead battery

Hello.

We have an sqt200 lathe with mazatrol fusion 640t control. During the spindle repairing, the battery was gone. We have managed to bring back the nc side, but as I found out there was no backups of tool data and tool offsets. folder t_backup\other is empty and no files like toldat01 on hdd. also no files on cards and disks.
    So, the machine seem to be working, no errors. Except tooleye not working and emty tools tables. work offsets and jaws tables are empty also.
    screenshot_2018-12-24-17-53-49.jpg

If I will take these files from the other machine (with fusion 640t) and put it in \t_backup\other and upload using data i/o. will it work?

Will be very appriciate for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_2018-12-24-17-31-04.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tool data etc has to be setup on the machine. Not copied from another as all the settings will be different. When you reload everything then make sure you save it all

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy55 View Post
    Tool data etc has to be setup on the machine. Not copied from another as all the settings will be different. When you reload everything then make sure you save it all
    tooleye is just a hardware with output SKIP into control. You press the button tooleye out, if it doesnt move, it is either conditions in PLC are not made (like zxy-are at home) or tooleye motor is dead (or tooleye proxy switches are not indicating right position of tooleye arm).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you sure that it wont fit from mazak lathe with fusion 640t control and revolver for 12 places? I guess if I will copy it to backup folder and setup using data i/o, then it will work.
    The main problem is that I have no backup files. And I hope that someone will share t_backup\other folder from the simular machine.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChatJokey View Post
    Are you sure that it wont fit from mazak lathe with fusion 640t control and revolver for 12 places? I guess if I will copy it to backup folder and setup using data i/o, then it will work.
    The main problem is that I have no backup files. And I hope that someone will share t_backup\other folder from the simular machine.
    your email?

6. Likes ChatJokey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You may want to perform a tool eye calibration to insure the parameters for it are correct from your backup copy.

When you have this running properly, make sure you have several backups on a computer somewhere besides on the control's HD.
    Extra copies on USB drives can be left inside the electrical enclosure for future reference.

If you have MR-J2 servos for the tool drum, you want to check the battery these too.
    I tell my customers to check and replace the batteries well before the end of year holidays.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you recieved my email?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by noname777 View Post
    tooleye is just a hardware with output SKIP into control. You press the button tooleye out, if it doesnt move, it is either conditions in PLC are not made (like zxy-are at home) or tooleye motor is dead (or tooleye proxy switches are not indicating right position of tooleye arm).
    I was referring to the tool data and offsets not the actual tool eye.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by noname777 View Post
    your email?
    yes. just realized there is a message to me

11. Likes ChatJokey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Problem solved.

As I was expecting, we take backup from sqt250, and upload tooldata and tool offsets to sqt200 using data i/o. And it works!
    Last edited by ChatJokey; 12-27-2018 at 04:22 PM.