What's new
What's new

MAZAK SLANT TURN 20 ATC NOT HOLDING DIMENSIONS x axis :(

@newguy

Plastic
Machine is not holding dimensions on the x axis one part comes out .185 next .183 the following .186. Tools are tightened properly. I had a similar problem with a Haas,turns out I just had to turn off the thermal compensation parameter. My question is, has anyone heard of mazaks having a parameter of such? And if so which one could it be? my machine is slant turn 20 atc, a t32-3 control.

Thanks.

Does it have a crazy gearbox that drives the encoder of the X axis? My Slant turn 15 had that. It also had a belt drive from the servo to the ball screw. I'd be checking for backlash in any of those components.

With that much you should be able to setup an indicator and jog it back and forth in X and see if you have some backlash. Just guessing but I am thinking thrust bearings on the ends of X axis ball screw.

Backlash
Coupling between ballscrew and encoder not tighten
Belt not tighten
I dont know the english name for it but both X and Z axis glides on guides that need to be tighten.

you know you have software parameter to compensate backlash? once you made everything back nice and clean, make sure you parameter isnt too big, otherwise it will overcompensate it again

Machine is not holding dimensions on the x axis one part comes out .185 next .183 the following .186.

my machine is slant turn 20 atc, a t32-3 control.

Is the 10mm diamond pin that locates the active tool missing from the tool changer? If that pin is missing, the holders will not index properly and mess up X dimensions. BTDT.

Back