What's new
What's new

Statistics on SF-CA card problems

GuntisK

Aluminum
Hello to everyone here!
This time something like a little poll. As we all know number one problem in Mazak electronics is VFD. Im interested about SF-CA board that lives in Mitsubishi FR-SF- do You guys faced with any other technical problem with that board that is not connected with power electronics (i.e. IGBTs, drivers, etc)? Only bare SF-CA here- was there some damages to processors, memory chips, any other logic ICs, MAC012 chip that You remember? :scratchchin: You may ask- why such questions? There were some faults in driver previously when I bought my machine- classic: drivers, some burnt PCB traces and so on. I repaired all, and it works (still not sure for how long this will continue). There is a two ways to be safe for future- buy another VFD (here in practicalmachinist there is topic about replacement with non-Mitsubishi VFDs) or replacement SF-CA card (used of course). What is Your thoughts guys- go the first way or second and keep it as a spare part for swap in case of any. Also tell about faced problems.
Thanks! :)

more reliable then dinosaur FR-SE
-had one , parameters error, ROM chip failed.
-another was, after 5 minutes, it would stop talking to NC control, and watchdog timer is on
-may be few with IGBT drivers bad output signals
that is it

Back