What's new
What's new

Mazak T-Plus (Position Display and Tooling Wear Offsets)

tzak

Aluminum
I am still learning the ins and outs of the TPlus control on my lathe. Right now I have a simple mazatrol program that is doing an outside bar operation. It is machined down from 2.0" stock to 1.50" diameter with 0.025" depth of cut. My question is with regards to the POSITION display onscreen. If I have to make a wear offset adjustment in the X dimension lets say +0.005" the readout as it is cutting shows the X POSITION at 1.505" even though I am cutting at 1.500" with the corrected wear offset. Is there a way to not have the control include the offset number in the POSITION display and only show the COMMANDED position of 1.500" with the control handling whatever wear offset is asked of it. On my Fanuc if I add a wear offset to a tool the COMMANDED position will still show as 1.500". Wondering if this just standard with this type of mazak tplus control or if there is a parameter to not display the offset position relative to the commanded cut position.

Easy. Just adjust the tool offset, not the wear offset. Of course the first time or two you will find out the hard way if plus or minus is what you want, and then if the adjustment is diametrical or radial.

Why bother?

Wondering if this just standard with this type of mazak tplus control

This is standard behavior for ALL Mazak controls from the T-1 to the new SmoothX control. You will get used to it. Nothing to worry about unless you are super OCD. ;)

That's what I ended up doing. However is there no way to use a tool wear offset and have it show the COMMANDED position then? Even for minor variations for wear?

Not sure what you mean by Why Bother?

That's what I ended up doing. However is there no way to use a tool wear offset and have it show the COMMANDED position then? Even for minor variations for wear?

Not sure what you mean by Why Bother?
You really seem to be hung up on this issue. This is a Mazak. They ALL do it. It does not hurt anything--unless you are the OCD type I guess.

Back