What's new
What's new

T Plus Indefinite Dwell?

JHanko

Aluminum
I have some parts with external threads that I have to manually clean up with sandpaper before parting off. What I do now is a manual G4 dwell process, sending the turret home, shut off coolant and run the spindle at 2000 rpm for 5 seconds. This 5 seconds gives me time to feed hold, so I can go in there and take as much time as I need on the threads. When I'm done, I hit cycle start and the 5 second dwell runs down and the program completes. This works fine if I'm there paying attention. If I'm doing something else at the time, I blow the opportunity to clean up the threads. Is there any way to dwell this manual process indefinitely, so it just sits there until I hit the cycle start again? Thanks!

Optional stop. But you have to remember to turn that on the control every time you start the machine. Or you could just do an m0

I’m assuming you want to do this in mazatrol just do an mcode block and pop that m1 in there

Optional stop. But you have to remember to turn that on the control every time you start the machine. Or you could just do an m0

I’m assuming you want to do this in mazatrol just do an mcode block and pop that m1 in there

Won't that stop the spindle?

I might put in a do/while loop that dwells until something else happens. Pick an unused offset, set at zero, and when you're done, change it to a one. do while (offset number) is less than .1, When you change the offset to one, it will continue. Something like that, anyways. I've never done that, but only imagine it might work...

It will definitely stop the spindle.

Is there a parameter that will keep the spindle on?

I thought the feed hold would actually cut the spindle off aswell. I’m pretty sure it did on my sqt with a tplus

Edit:
I may be wrong my memory is fuzzy. I just remember I had a job where I had to polish in the middle but I think I just did an m1 and then would manual start the spindle then go back to auto and hit start

The only way I can see to do it is to use an M0 (program stop),then when it executes the program stoop, go to manual mode, start the spindle and do tour sanding, stop the spindle then go back to auto and cycle start. The program will pick up from the program stop and continue. That should involve four button pushes.

Looks like what I'm doing now is most efficient. Just have to pay more attention to not miss the 5 second window. Thanks for the suggestions.

I've rigged up sandpaper and Scotchbrite on tool stations, and let the machine do the polishing.

Need a quick way to shift/adjust for fresh abrasive, do it every ? parts as required.

ToolCat

Back