What's new
What's new

T+ Program transfer

ManualEd

Stainless
Finally got everything I need to transfer programs out of my SQT15MS.

I tried connecting a PC to the control with Mazview, but in the setting I'm not having anything show up under "Communications Port".

There are two 25pin connectors under the control, and I've tried both of them. Just using a standard RS232 25 pin to USB cable.

Anything else I should be doing?

Attached are some relevant photos. The website photo claims those are the settings needed for DNC (what does that stand for?)

Thanks for any help.

aaf2edaf2c9306169560b3ca5a7d322b.jpg
d11ef5b2b76b937e08367cd2173a6319.jpg
d9bd86ce96e2689e06acd7f5db359185.jpg
473b98f83249f725603a12f96076dbcb.jpg

Dnc is drip feed. Ive had probs with usb to rs232 as the power capacity isnt high enough for the signals to register. From memory needed something like 9v and was gettimg 3 or 5v. Connecting up directly to a rs232 on a computer did the trick.
I needed to make up a special cable also.
Mine is an m2 control

Cheers

Mick

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dnc is drip feed. Ive had probs with usb to rs232 as the power capacity isnt high enough for the signals to register. From memory needed something like 9v and was gettimg 3 or 5v. Connecting up directly to a rs232 on a computer did the trick.
I needed to make up a special cable also.
Mine is an m2 control

Cheers

Mick

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hope I don't need a native RS232! Don't want to have to lug my PC over to work.

What was special about the cable you needed? Just the way the pins on the connectors were wired to each other?

On our T2/T3 I we do like this on the control to save programs on PC with MazView.
(Control in swedish so the words might be wrong in english)
Program
Program Files
Data in/out
Casette
Save + (the prg nr you want to save)

And the comport settings in the device manager (windows) need to match your settings in MazView and the control.
Com-1.jpg

On our T2/T3 I we do like this on the control to save programs on PC with MazView.
(Control in swedish so the words might be wrong in english)
Program
Program Files
Data in/out
Casette
Save + (the prg nr you want to save)

And the comport settings in the device manager (windows) need to match your settings in MazView and the control.
View attachment 191338

Awesome. Thanks for the photo. I'll try those settings if I can get it to communicate with the PC.
Hopefully I just need to change the User parameter 5's to what the website shown above says.

I hope I don't need a native RS232! Don't want to have to lug my PC over to work.

What was special about the cable you needed? Just the way the pins on the connectors were wired to each other?
I ended up getting an older dedicated pc and set it up specifically for it. You can try a pcmia rs232 card for your lap top which may work .

Yeah just the pin configurations and some bridging for the cable. Not a std rs232 cable

Also the mazak count the stop bit as one of the bits in the 8 so you need to have a minor mismatch between pc and cnc.. ie mazak set to 8. Pc set to 7 as above

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Get yourself one of RS232 testers makes is so much easier to see whats going on when you trying to send/receive.
IF you not getting anything through it maybe your cable USB/25pin.

RS232_tester.jpg

On my machine that I am only using Rs232 to send/ receive programs to from pc/mach
Data in/out -> Computer-> punch-> program#-> start
In parameter you need to set everything for DV2

T_PLUS_RS232-2A.jpg

On my machine that I am only using Rs232 to send/ receive programs to from pc/mach
Data in/out -> Computer-> punch-> program#-> start
In parameter you need to set everything for DV2

View attachment 191350

I don't think it even see's the pc right now. I can't set up the Com-port in MazView, so disconnecting give me no error message.

Trying to send using those steps you said, I get the same Error 545 Tape puncher mis-connected.

Is there anywhere that sells a DB25 pin to USB cable thats already wired for Mazak?

I think you should use "Tape I/O".
At least for T2/T3 MazView is emulating a Casette tape.
And you have to set MazView to recive before trying to send anything.

I think you should use "Tape I/O".
At least for T2/T3 MazView is emulating a Casette tape.
And you have to set MazView to recive before trying to send anything.

I tried to set up a machine profile in Settings like they said. Set the Baud rate and the control type, but it won't let me select a Com port.

Do you have to be connected to the machine before you are able to select the Com-port?
Or is my MazView copy glitching out?

Did you install a driver for your USB/25 pin cable? No you dont have to be connected to a machine, com ports are on yor PC.
COM1 is standard

I tried to set up a machine profile in Settings like they said. Set the Baud rate and the control type, but it won't let me select a Com port.

Do you have to be connected to the machine before you are able to select the Com-port?
Or is my MazView copy glitching out?
Sounds like your usb to rs232 converter isn't working properly. Go into device manager on your computer and find the converter in there (should be under com ports i think) and if you go to its properties you can set is com port.

I've had no end of problems with usb to rs232 cables in the past(with a variety of things. Mazaks, plcs, date coders). I ended up getting a PCI rs232 card for my pc that lives at the machines

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Did you install a driver for your USB/25 pin cable? No you dont have to be connected to a machine, com ports are on yor PC.
COM1 is standard

I went into the Device manager like xa-mont suggested, it only shows up under "USB controllers", not under COM or Ports and it shows the cable as "No Printer Attached".
I open up the cable properties, hit update drivers, and it says best driver software already installed.
Driver details says no driver files are required or loaded for this device.

Edit: The cable may be the problem. I'm using USB to Printer DB25 25-Pin Parallel Port Cable Adapter: Amazon.ca: Office Products
this cable, which is a parallel cable.
Do I need a serial cable?

Did your cable came with a software disc? Try to uninstall driver, reboot pc , install from CD if that doesnt work I would try another brand cable.

Did your cable came with a software disc? Try to uninstall driver, reboot pc , install from CD if that doesnt work I would try another brand cable.

Aha, thanks xa-mont. Its definitely the cable. The USB to 25 pin cable I have is parallel and won't show up under COM ports.
Another USB to 9 pin I have is Serial and shows up under COM port.
Now to find a 9 pin to 25 pin adapter...

Aha, thanks xa-mont. Its definitely the cable. The USB to 25 pin cable I have is parallel and won't show up under COM ports.
Another USB to 9 pin I have is Serial and shows up under COM port.
Now to find a 9 pin to 25 pin adapter...
Don't bother getting an adaptor. Buy some cable, and an appropriate db25 and db9 end so that you can write them how you need them for the mazak

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Back