What's new
What's new

T2 FX727 board replaced what are d parameters? Help production down

mazakfix

Plastic
Does anyone have or know what the D parameters are in *** other parameters *** page for a 1985 era T2 QT20?

I had a lightning strike damage my original FX727B board which handles rs232 comm to my Griffo bros DNC connection.
I replaced the board with another FX727B board purchased from ebay.
I installed a new battery, it was missing, and started up the machine.
The display showed a C axis which we don't have but I proceeded to start setting parameters.

On start up got nasty error for invalid M1 - M16 codes no big since the "new" board needed parameters
Entered all parameters from my backup paper list from previous FX727 board, even the evil OP1 - 16 which required a character for the number of bits set.
Then hit page and found the "D" parameters D1 - D64

I did not see them when i backed up my parameters on the old card the page did not show up.
Are these the hidden parameters and how can I see them on my old card?
What are they and how do i get correct values for them?

I don`t know much about the T2 control as I only have one M2 and I don`t know much about that either,but I`m sure I have QT20 manuals with a parameter list for the T2 control somewhere.
I`ll have a look tomorrow and let you know if someone else doesn`t help you.

Your replacement FX727B board probably came from another machine than a QT20. It may have came from a machine with live tooling, which back then would have been a QT10M/C, or similar. This may explain why you see the C parameters??

You may have to reinitialize the control. Which basically dumps everything, then you put parameters back in, and then you're good to go...usually.

Mitsubishi Electric Automation in Chicago can help you with a procedure for T2 control reinitialization. They should have more info about installing the FX727B as well.

Good luck!

Mitsubishi Phone number 1-847-478-2500

They can tell you if there are EPROMS that need to be moved from your old board to the new board.

Failures like your old board has are usually the 1488 and 1489 chips. There are a couple of other P/N that are the same chip by other Mfg.
When I replace them I put them in sockets to make future replacement easier.

Bill

Back