What's new
What's new

T2 programing help

_EMF_

Plastic
I'm stumped. I just need to get the program to optionally stop so I can measure the part before I part it off. On my T-32 and T Plus controls I've always just used the MNP process. It moves the tools out of the way and stops the machine. With the T2 if I try to use it, it gives me a 501 illegal process alarm. Can I not use this function in the T2 system? Is there a better way to stop the machine mid program to inspect the part?

This is a picture of the T2 screen

MVIMG_20210723_165645.jpg

This is a shot of my T-32 screen with the MNP command that has worked for me for the last 15 years. I've been able to muttle through learning/re learning the new to me T2 control by watching Philbusters videos. But I haven't seen this yet. Any help or advice or easier methods would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20210723_165721.jpg

Why do you have an S500 in there? I would think it is alarming because you are telling it to turn the spindle on but not which direction. (M3,M4) Not sure why it would have worked in any machine that way. If for some reason you want the spindle in that manual unit just put it on a seperate line and give it an M3 or M4. Get that M1 on a line totally on its own.

honestly I don't know why the s500 is in there. I never had an operators manual. I just took bits and pieces from a few old programs and started punching numbers into my other machine over 15 years ago. That worked and I've never changed it. It works on my T32 and two more T-plus machines. I'll take that line out. I did get manuals with my last QT 30 and have been reading and trying to learn more. This just eludes me. Thank you for you're input.

Sounds silly, but on a T-2 I think you have to tell it gear 1 on an MNP.

I took the s 500 out and it still threw the code and then I added gear 1 and it worked in simulation. I just had a tool eye finally give up the ghost on another older machine so I'm going to replace that and then try running a part and see what happens. Thanks again guys!

Thanks again I got it working by telling it what gear to pretend to be in. I had to add two lines as well or it just stopped slightly above the part.
G00 X5 Y5 M5 and G00 X5 Y5 M1

seemed to do the trick. On my T32 and T plus I don't have to enter those commands. I think the position is pre set in the parameter P17. The controls are different and I don't want to mess with too much. I'm happy where I'm at.

Spent some time yesterday watching more of Mazatrol Tips and Tricks with Philbuster watching how to check the backlash and reset the tool eye. On the other machine and then went through this new to me QT 25.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd throw this out there, in case someone is reading this trying to figure out their new T-2 and they're used to a T-32 or newer. First off it didn't come with a programing manual. I assumed it was the same as the T-32. There are small things that are taking me a while to figure, out like when I go to start the cycle and it gives me an error 176 star cycle on demand display. I fought with this for 10 minutes and then changed from the program screen, to the position screen. It fired right up. I'm going to guess that unlike the newer controls T-2 doesn't allow you to run the machine while viewing the program. It's like learning proper English after speaking a lifetime of slang. I have a programing manual on the way. I'm up and running for now though. It would still be sitting though if it wasn't for this forum and Philbusters videos.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, in case someone is reading this trying to figure out their new T-2 and they're used to a T-32 or newer. First off it didn't come with a programing manual. I assumed it was the same as the T-32. There are small things that are taking me a while to figure, out like when I go to start the cycle and it gives me an error 176 star cycle on demand display. I fought with this for 10 minutes and then changed from the program screen, to the position screen. It fired right up. I'm going to guess that unlike the newer controls T-2 doesn't allow you to run the machine while viewing the program. It's like learning proper English after speaking a lifetime of slang. I have a programing manual on the way. I'm up and running for now though. It would still be sitting though if it wasn't for this forum and Philbusters videos.

I never thought about doing a video about that issue before. :scratchchin:

The reason the machine will not allow you to hit cycle start when viewing a program is because the run side of the machine is where the active program is shown. The machine is forcing you to hit cycle start when you see which is the active program.

Although, the machine will allow you to run a program when looking at the tool offset screen and that screen does not display the active program.

I was going to ask you about it, also a video about putting an optional stop after some functions, so you can do a quick size check or clean chips out then carry on without stopping and starting the program. I spent almost two weeks trying to figure it out. Also I watched most of your videos trying to see if you had it in one. Learned a lot. Thank you very much for making those videos. You're a life saver.

I was going to ask you about it, also a video about putting an optional stop after some functions, so you can do a quick size check or clean chips out then carry on without stopping and starting the program. I spent almost two weeks trying to figure it out. Also I watched most of your videos trying to see if you had it in one. Learned a lot. Thank you very much for making those videos. You're a life saver.

The best way to add an optional stop is to use the MNP function to position the tool to a safe location and then enter M1 at the end of the line.
MNP Exchange point 1, Gear 1, Tool (X)
G0 X8. Z8. M1

Back