What's new
What's new

T2 QT-15 OP Parameters

super95awd

Aluminum
I don't have the hard copy of my machine parameters and am trying to figure out what is causing it to try to act like a VTL. The whole entire work coordinate system is basically flip flopped. I talked to Mitsubishi about it and they said it would almost certainly be something that got changed/corrupted in the OP parameters causing the problem. This did start happening after a parity error and reset so it's possible. Unfortunately, they said they were not allowed to provide a list of what those parameters should have been set at from the factory. If someone could provide me with their known-working T2 QT-15 parameters (including the hidden ones), that would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

I don't have the hard copy of my machine parameters and am trying to figure out what is causing it to try to act like a VTL. The whole entire work coordinate system is basically flip flopped.

This is just changing a 0 to a 1 in the OP parameters. If you have the electrical schematic books with the machine, it spells it out which one to change. I will post it up later tonight for you when I get home.

This is just changing a 0 to a 1 in the OP parameters. If you have the electrical schematic books with the machine, it spells it out which one to change. I will post it up later tonight for you when I get home.

That would be greatly appreciated sir! That's about the only thing I can think. It's trying to cut from the opposite side of the chuck than it should be and the chuck barriers are near the home position. It displays that it's going to try to do that when I check the program as well.

Ok, here is the info for the T-2 and T-3 control. Again, I do not know for sure this is your issue.

Set OP6 to 0000 0001. This will allow you to jog in X and Z at same time. Set to all zeros if not wanted.

In order to get the machine to take the OP parameter changes, you need to enter 9 digits--8 digits as displayed and also the number of '1s' in the sequence. You would type in 000000011, meaning you have only 1 "1s" in the string.

You then need to shut off the machine and restart it for the change to take effect.

Attachments

• 100_5314.jpg
    100_5314.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,143
  • 100_5316.jpg
    100_5316.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 972
Well it looks like OP6 is currently set as 0000 0100 which means that the 1* indexing is turned on correct? Doesn't look like it's set as a VTL. Hmmmmm

Looks like it still trying to cut from the wrong side. : (

View attachment 131593

Are the tools set correctly? Post a pic of the tool geometry. The X values need to be negative.

The VTL setting will actually turn the axis 90°. It appears like your screen shot that X is still setup correctly because the chuck barrier shows up as a vertical yellow line on your screen.

Are the tools set correctly? Post a pic of the tool geometry. The X values need to be negative.

Understood on what you're saying about the VTL situation. I'm really stumped as to what it could possibly be then. All my tool offsets are negative. The 3 that are the same we're just stuffed in there to get rid of the corrupted tool data from the parity error.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424820727.342270.jpg

Somebody here on PM had a similar problem with their QT. I can't recall how long ago it was?
If not a parameter then a trip for the control to MEAU may be in order?
TC

The VTL setting will actually turn the axis 90°. It appears like your screen shot that X is still setup correctly because the chuck barrier shows up as a vertical yellow line on your screen.

Just as a shot in the dark, I input all of the tool offsets in X as positive values and the program check showed that it was going to work other than the MNP processes obviously. Any ideas what might have changed to cause it to want positive tool offsets in X?

Do I need to completely reinitialize?

Yes.

This is standard procedure for a Mazak T2 control that has gone bonkers. Often you have to do the procedure several times in order for it to take. MEAU or Mazak can fax or email you the procedure.

Of course you will have to re-enter all your parameters, but that's really not too bad on a T2, as there is just a few pages of them. You will lose all your programs and tool data and such, so in a pinch, just take some good photos of them with a digital camera (or a good cell phone).

If a re-initialization doesn't fix the problem, then it's definitely time to talk to MEAU about sending in the control boards and letting them have a look at them.

Good luck with it!

ToolCat Greg

I fixed it using my pc with windows xp. I completely cleared the memory which the re-initialization did not completely do.

Thanks for all the help.

I have two service bulletins here from Mitsubishi on re-initializing the T2/T3 control parameters. One gives the standard details on how to initialize the T2/T3 memory and the gives several methods of blanking the memory on the FX27/FX727 boards. One of the methods involves hooking a pc via serial port up to the board to blank out the memory. I think I got these of the Mitsubishi web site but can't remember. I have not tried this myself. I don't know a way to post a pdf file here but if you pm me your email address give me a few days and I will email it to you.

I bought the lathe from super95awd that was the subject of this original thread. When I got it from him the parameters needed to be reentered and we could not get them to take. We wound up sending the board back to Mitsubishi and they zeroed out the memory for $600 and sent it back. We were then able to enter the parameters. At the time I did not have this procedure where a pc can be attached to the board at the time and have wondered if this would have done it.

We hooked up my PC to the FX27 board using an RS232 cable with serial port. I have it in a pdf file and not sure how to attach that type of file to this thread.

You can PM your email and I will forward.

Dave

Last edited:

Back