What's new
What's new

T2 QT10 Power Up help

JohnXKennedy

Plastic
Hey guys,

I finally have my QT10 connected to 240 3ph and can connect the main breaker however -

-The control does not seem to 'boot', I only get static on the CRT if I press the "power on" button on the operating panel.

-The hydraulic pump does not turn on, presumably because the NC is not actually on, so to check phasing I have heard there is a light on the spindle VFD - Which light should I be looking for? There are no warning codes on the VFD display...

I have the parameters for the machine I believe, so if I can get it to power up properly I have hope I can get it working properly.

Thank you!

when you first turn the main breaker some fans and whatnot should start up and you should have an LED lit on the "off" button on the controller. do you have this?

Yes, the fans come on and the "off" button is illuminated. If I then press the "on" button the CRT is lit up but only shows static / noise.

Yes, the fans come on and the "off" button is illuminated. If I then press the "on" button the CRT is lit up but only shows static / noise.

could be the screen not working. try home the machine (lever to x neg and z neg if it already up near the home position) This will show you if the machine is "ON" and the screen just isn't working

Ignore that... you said the hydraulics aren't coming on...

The transformer is tapped for 240 yes. No hydraulics, no screen information. I do have lights on the NC power supply and the spindle VFD.

- Is there a trick in getting the cards in the control cabinet to seat all the way? I'm concerned they aren't properly seated and that is the issue as I had pulled some to check the battery voltages. They are all back in their slots and the metal covers are in place but I don't feel like they positively engage when you push them back into position...is this normal?

UPDATE:

It was the cards, after fiddling with them a bit more they seated fully and the control powered right up! I swapped the phasing to get the hydraulic pump spinning the right way and I have pressure, everything seems happy.

Now I need to spend some time to figure out this control. I have never used mazatrol or a T2 setup so I'm not sure how to home the machine even! I'll get to reading...Thanks to xa-mont!

Back