What's new
What's new

T32 -6 CMT transfer

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
Hey guys,

I'm having drama's getting my MP630 to transfer programs. I've tried a few different parameter sets and cable configs, and the best i can get is "q" and a diamond shape (as per below) through hyperterminal, so to me it looks like it's trying to communicate, and something is getting through.

DSC_2148.jpg

any ideas?

A little bit more info - If the cable is disconnected I get "515 CMT MIS-CONNECTED", but if it is connected and i have a program waiting to receive i get "523 CMT I/O ERROR"

The only thing I got working for CMT on my T32-2, and I tried A LOT of transfer softwares, was Mazview (demo version). It was relatively simple, as they have the wiring for the cable in the help file, also the parameters you need to set. If you'd like to try some other software, my advice would be to first confirm with Mazview's free demo that your setup is correct, and then try to make them work. While I was trying to transfer Mazatrol programs with other softwares, I got a lot of "diamond-Q"'s also. If you manage to make a transfer with a different software, please share, I'm most interested in it.

The only thing I got working for CMT on my T32-2, and I tried A LOT of transfer softwares, was Mazview (demo version). It was relatively simple, as they have the wiring for the cable in the help file, also the parameters you need to set. If you'd like to try some other software, my advice would be to first confirm with Mazview's free demo that your setup is correct, and then try to make them work. While I was trying to transfer Mazatrol programs with other softwares, I got a lot of "diamond-Q"'s also. If you manage to make a transfer with a different software, please share, I'm most interested in it.

I currently use x-storm 64 to transfer my T2 programs, but i had no joy with it, and i've tried a few others, including Mazview with no luck. To ensure mazview was working i transfered a program from my T2 machine with it... now i cant even test the transfering again.

Did you make any changes to get it working? or you just switched to mazview and all good?

You will never get the hyperterminal to receive a Mazatrol program.
Mazatrol use a different protocol and sends a sign that is EOF (end of file) for the hyperterminal at the beginning of the transmision.
Use Mazview or any other software that can handle mazatrol.

Do you have the correct settings at both windows com settings and in MazView?
What settings do you use?

You will never get the hyperterminal to receive a Mazatrol program.
Mazatrol use a different protocol and sends a sign that is EOF (end of file) for the hyperterminal at the beginning of the transmision.
Use Mazview or any other software that can handle mazatrol.

Do you have the correct settings at both windows com settings and in MazView?
What settings do you use?

yeah I realise that. i was just using it to see if there was anything happening because it's the most basic serial coms application i have.

I Believe I've set the correct settings everywhere (232 to ethernet adaptor settings - windows com port settings - and mazview only lets me choose the controller type, not actually set any settings)

So i tried something different - still with no success.

I belled out the cable from the panel controller to the DB25 port on the side, it was fine.

I tried changing I65 so that it would use the CNS31 port on MC712 and plugged directly to that to rule out any problems between. I still get exactly the same result. (Qdiamond in HT and nothing in mazview or other mazatrol transfer programs (tried a few))

I also tried transferring to my Mazak Micro Disk and can't get that to work either. Not sure if there are different parameters that need changing to make that work.

I belled out the cable from the panel controller to the DB25 port on the side, it was fine.

For my old T-3 controller, Mazak tech just told me to run down to the local electronics store and purchase an off the shelf Null modem cable 25 pin to 9 pin and use their Mazaview software.

The other thing I did was purchase an old Toughbook laptop off ebay complete with Windows 7 installed which had the RS232 port instead of using some kind of adapter to convert to USB. Mazak said those USB converters are sketchy and to use something with RS232.

Amazon.com: StarTech.com 10 ft Cross Wired DB9 to DB25 Serial Null Modem Cable - F/M - Null Modem Cable - DB-9 (F) to DB-25 (M) - 10 ft - SCNM925FM: Electronics

Attachments

• 41kuafzkcNL.jpg
    41kuafzkcNL.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 23
Use PC DNC from sub-soft.com suburban machinery. It works great for backing up programs and parameters and for reinstalling them too. Dan Fritz owns sub-soft.com, he can help you out.
Jolulank

Back