Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default T32-B control rebuild and Z axis will not move

Hello, all. I have an old QT 15 N with a T32 B control. The control died, so I sent it to Mitsu for rebuild. I got it back, and after I installed it the machine fired right up and I was happy. Well, until I saw that their parameters weren't even close to what I had. No big deal, because I have digital and hard copy back ups. So, after about 20 minutes of keying in my old, known, and proven parameters I thought I'd be back in business. Nope. I got everything to work except the Z axis. It won't home, jog, rapid, or move with the hand wheel in Z. The 12 place turret indexes correctly, the spindle ramps up nicely, the tailstock slides well. I had to change parameter A9 on the X axis to 99999 to get it to go home. Piece of cake. But the Z axis will not move. At all. When I move the hand wheel for the Z axis, the numbers on the display indicate movement FOR LESS THAN A SECOND, then the display goes back to the original number (which is always a 1.0). I had to put a dial indicator on the turret to make sure it wasn't creeping on me. So...after a control repair on a great running machine, I re-installed my parameters, and the Z axis won't move at all. Oh, and there are no alarms. I triple checked my parameters, paying close attention to the "A" parameters. What did I miss? I'm wanting to think that this is some sort of a parameter input error on my part. Is there something in privileged mode that I need to change? After 3 hours of trying to find the problem, I'm at a loss. I would sure appreciate it if one of you Mazak gurus could point me in a better direction. Thank you.
    Last edited by Mark73; 10-16-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Update

Problem solved. I verified that all the parameters I manually input were correct and I re-checked all the cable bundles to the control. I figured I'd try to reload from the EEPROM before I wiped the memory with a re-initialization. It worked. The parameters last saved to EEPROM were loaded and now the Z axis works as expected. I still don't know what the error was. But a parameter reload did fix it.

3. Likes cnctoolcat, Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe go through the parameters you have with what the EEprom loaded and make the changes to your hard copy for the future