What's new
What's new

T32 wont start

benganboll

Hot Rolled
I just powered up my new to me Multiplex 620 (T32-6)
It has been out of power for 2 years and when pushing the power on button this happens.
-No hydraulic pump starts
-All red led digits is 000 000 000 000 000 000 (see picture)
-Power on button stays off
-Power Off button stays lit
-Monitor is all white (probably no signal from controler)

On the controller it seems it tries to read from the floppy that is inserted.
I have checked all voltages on all testpoints I can find and they are correct.
Anyone have any idea?
Anyone know when it should use the floppy?

IMG_7072.jpg
IMG_7073.jpg

It has been out of power for 2 years and when pushing the power on button this happens.

Anyone have any idea?

View attachment 213875
View attachment 213876

have no ideal other than if bios battery went dead than parameters are lost and need to be reloaded. its main reason many cnc are never shut off for very long

I have used floppies on Mazaks for program I/O. If your communications parameters are correct, you can also use them for loading paramaters.

The control has 2 sets of batteries.
A 3 coin cell set is located on the lower left of the CNC chassis in your second picture. Behind the panel marked battery (the one with the white sticker).
It will be dead and may have leaked some too. Should be replaced.

The other is a motorcycle sized gel cell, normally located on one of the electrical enclosure doors.
There is a battery charger mounted near it. This one should be replaced too.

There is normally 2 special floppy disks that are used in the disk drive shown.
This drive cannot read the Microdisk (Blue Box) disks. You will not be able to read them on modern computers either.
They are formatted in the old 8" floppy standard of 77 tracks and 360 RPM.

You WILL need both disks to bring this control back to life.
They hold quite a bit of the executive software to run the control, along with the installed options, language and a working set of parameters.
These disks are quite pricey from Mazak.

If you post pictures of any "factory" disks from Mazak or Mitsubishi I can probably help you identify what you have.

Also needed is the MC# on the board with the 2 red and 2 green LED's that are lit.

Mitsubishi in the US is quite helpful in providing the correct initialization procedure for the control you have.
Since you don't show the complete operator panel in your pictures, I can't tell if there any key operated switches and what they are labeled.
Some mills and lathes have one that needs to be in the proper position, or you can't complete the initialization process.

Bill

Thanx Bill.
There was 2 more unlabled floppies, iI will send you pictures of these.
What do you think of the white screen, is the monitor dead?

The monitor is white screen because the CNC is brain dead. Needs to have it brains put back. There are some minor variations to the procedure based on what cpu card is in it. Post a complete picture of the switches on the operator panel, if you have key switches, need good pictures of them. To fill you in on critical info missing from all initalize instructions.

Bill

You probably will need to use the program disc to get it started. Replace batteries (there are also some on the drives in the back cabinet), install the parameters. You will probably need to re-initialise with the dip switches (I can send you the procedure if you don't have it}.

I have never seen any batteries on drives connected to a M/T 32 control.
These started with the Fusion control using the MR-J2 drives on anything I have worked on.
If anyone DOES have batteries on drives attached to a M/T 32 control, please chime in here.

Bill

The program key MUST be in the enable position to perform the initalize of the control.
The battery on the drive (I have never seen one like this) is the same as what is behind the battery label on the CNC chassis.

Bill

Anyone have any idea?

View attachment 213875
View attachment 213876
Shut the machine completely off insert floppy number one power up the machine I believe one floppy is for parameters the other one is for options

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

have no ideal other than if bios battery went dead than parameters are lost and need to be reloaded. its main reason many cnc are never shut off for very long
I fully agree machines are like cars they go to hell when they sit too long ! They are made to run LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Hello, I have exactly the same problem on my QT28N in T32-2,
How did you solve your problem ?? I'm desperate nobody finds the solution

Thsi should also work on my SQT 18-ms? In other words with the machine sitting in 110F container without power for a while parameters will stay on the EEprom? I aint got no disks. Controller is a T32-3

The control has 2 sets of batteries.
A 3 coin cell set is located on the lower left of the CNC chassis in your second picture. Behind the panel marked battery (the one with the white sticker).
It will be dead and may have leaked some too. Should be replaced.

The other is a motorcycle sized gel cell, normally located on one of the electrical enclosure doors.
There is a battery charger mounted near it. This one should be replaced too.

There is normally 2 special floppy disks that are used in the disk drive shown.
This drive cannot read the Microdisk (Blue Box) disks. You will not be able to read them on modern computers either.
They are formatted in the old 8" floppy standard of 77 tracks and 360 RPM.

You WILL need both disks to bring this control back to life.
They hold quite a bit of the executive software to run the control, along with the installed options, language and a working set of parameters.
These disks are quite pricey from Mazak.

If you post pictures of any "factory" disks from Mazak or Mitsubishi I can probably help you identify what you have.

Also needed is the MC# on the board with the 2 red and 2 green LED's that are lit.

Mitsubishi in the US is quite helpful in providing the correct initialization procedure for the control you have.
Since you don't show the complete operator panel in your pictures, I can't tell if there any key operated switches and what they are labeled.
Some mills and lathes have one that needs to be in the proper position, or you can't complete the initialization process.

Bill

Any idea on where someone could get a hold of the two disks you speak of and what the cost of them may be?

Back