What's new
What's new

T32B threading queries

M K

Cast Iron
When I’m OD threading on my QT15n T32B the first cut seems to be huge and just tears into it!

Even if I put maximum no of cuts in, the first cut is too deep and so is the last 1 or 2?

I have changed the parameter for the final depth of cut but it doesn’t seem to make a difference

Anybody experience this? Of have any ideas?

Thanks
Marc

In the T2 threading unit there is a "first DOC" (or similar) value you enter. Does your T32B unit have this? If so, then it's easy to set the first pass depth.

Check your User Parameters --- there may be one for first pass DOC, or minimum DOC when threading.

I do remember a "minimum DOC when threading" parameter, and a "final/skim cut DOC" parameter...

ToolCat

Hi Toolcat

There is a final depth of cut parameter but not a first cut depth one,

You just set the lead, and it will auto set the thread height and depth of cut which I can change manually but doesn’t seem to affect first depth of cut

Thanks
Marc

You can use threading cycle 1 ( constant depth of thread) might not be the perfect solution, but it will keep the first pass from being excessively deep. For ultimate control, use a Mazatrol manual threading cycle using G32.

Back