What's new
What's new

Tailstock programming

WILLTELL2388

Plastic
I have a qt28n with t32-2 controller. I have never implemented programming of the tail-stock. I am now in need of it. I understand the uses of m31 m32. However those machines had adjustable stops. This machine does not. Just two limit switches. How do i set and program the tail-body to move a certain distance in correlation of the part? I do know that not all are programmable, but was told this one can be programmed.

On the inside of the machine, near the bottom of the Z axis way cover to the right of the X axis slide is a welded on bracket that looks kind of like half of an oval. This bracket moves when the Z axis moves. You have to use a Mazatrol manual unit to move the turret to the correct Z position, then command tailstock forward to move your body, then your quill. When the tail body moves forward and the roller switch on the back side of the tail body hooks up with the bracket on the way cover, the tail body stops and the quill moves forward until it contacts the part. At that point, slide the cam inside of the tail body to trip the roller switch inside of the tail body.The green light on the control panel next to your tail spindle switch must be a solid green in order to run your program.. A blinking green light indicates the switch inside the tail body has not been satisfied. You will need to command an M5 for spindle stop for the tail body to move either forward or backward. A simple M32 retracts it all. The Mazatrol unit requires only 3 lines.
One line with an X command (wherever works) and a Z position. The Z position is important.
One line with an M5 command.
One line with an M31

Gobo

Thank you for the response. I see what you are talking about however when the bracket and switch come in contact it does not stop the tailbody i can move past my turret. So im not sure if its a parameter, the switch it self, or if there is something i need to put in my setup page or what not.

Thank you for the response. I see what you are talking about however when the bracket and switch come in contact it does not stop the tailbody i can move past my turret. So im not sure if its a parameter, the switch it self, or if there is something i need to put in my setup page or what not.

Does your tailbody move by itself or only when it is connected to the turret with a shot pin? Mazak made both styles of machines.

On the inside of the machine, near the bottom of the Z axis way cover to the right of the X axis slide is a welded on bracket that looks kind of like half of an oval. This bracket moves when the Z axis moves. You have to use a Mazatrol manual unit to move the turret to the correct Z position, then command tailstock forward to move your body, then your quill. When the tail body moves forward and the roller switch on the back side of the tail body hooks up with the bracket on the way cover, the tail body stops and the quill moves forward until it contacts the part. At that point, slide the cam inside of the tail body to trip the roller switch inside of the tail body.The green light on the control panel next to your tail spindle switch must be a solid green in order to run your program.. A blinking green light indicates the switch inside the tail body has not been satisfied. You will need to command an M5 for spindle stop for the tail body to move either forward or backward. A simple M32 retracts it all. The Mazatrol unit requires only 3 lines.
One line with an X command (wherever works) and a Z position. The Z position is important.
One line with an M5 command.
One line with an M31

Great reply!

However, he will need to add an M10 or M11 on a line between the M5 and M31. The M10 is quill-only forward and reverse, while M11 is body-and-quill both forward and reverse.

ToolCat

Back