What's new
What's new

Is there a way pattern a program in Mazatrol (M32 or M+)

mada87

Aluminum
Basically I have a program for one part but am now going to be make a 42 parts at once out of a large sheet. Is there a way that I can just pattern the same program across the sheet?

Thanks,

Very first line of a Mazatrol program: use the "offset" feature. One program, repeated as many times as you enter an X, Y offset, which can be thought of as the distance between 'zero' of your layout. Play with it a bit and it's obvious.

I am not familiar with multi part, what is it, where is it and how do you use it?

Thanks

Very first line of a Mazatrol program: use the "offset" feature. One program, repeated as many times as you enter an X, Y offset, which can be thought of as the distance between 'zero' of your layout. Play with it a bit and it's obvious.

Not sure that I am tracking with you. I often have an offset line right below my WPC but am not sure how to use it to repeat the program. Are you suggesting that I run the program once, then adjust the offset, run again, and continue adjusting the offset and running until all of the parts are complete? I am trying to run this all night lights out

I had always assumed that the argument characters that show up in the sub program option could be used to pattern a sub program, but could never figure out how to use it.

The "offset" is the distance from a point on your first shape to the same point on the next shape . . . X, Y distance, either plus or minus. Program a 1/4" drilled hole with center at 0,0 and in the first line choose multiple, offset type. Insert a line. Use .75 for the X offset that appeared when you inserted a line, and 1 for the Y offset. Now do a tool path. Two holes will show on the tool path even though you only programed one. Play with it a little and you will see how easy and powerful it is. Even works with negative offset values.

The "offset" is the distance from a point on your first shape to the same point on the next shape . . . X, Y distance, either plus or minus. Program a 1/4" drilled hole with center at 0,0 and in the first line choose multiple, offset type. Insert a line. Use .75 for the X offset that appeared when you inserted a line, and 1 for the Y offset. Now do a tool path. Two holes will show on the tool path even though you only programed one. Play with it a little and you will see how easy and powerful it is. Even works with negative offset values.

Alright I got it now, between James and Sudsey, Thanks guys. I was getting confused with the offset that you were describing within multimode and just a regular offset feature. This is super handy, wished that I would have known a long time ago how to do this.

Back