Is there a way pattern a program in Mazatrol (M32 or M+)
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Is there a way pattern a program in Mazatrol (M32 or M+)

Basically I have a program for one part but am now going to be make a 42 parts at once out of a large sheet. Is there a way that I can just pattern the same program across the sheet?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can just move your WPC and copy the program 42 times. Maybe use the multi part and move the WPC and copy 9 times with a program change to 2 on the last to get the exact amount of parts you need. There may be other easier ways but I don't know them

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very first line of a Mazatrol program: use the "offset" feature. One program, repeated as many times as you enter an X, Y offset, which can be thought of as the distance between 'zero' of your layout. Play with it a bit and it's obvious.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not familiar with multi part, what is it, where is it and how do you use it?

Thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red James View Post
    Very first line of a Mazatrol program: use the "offset" feature. One program, repeated as many times as you enter an X, Y offset, which can be thought of as the distance between 'zero' of your layout. Play with it a bit and it's obvious.
    Not sure that I am tracking with you. I often have an offset line right below my WPC but am not sure how to use it to repeat the program. Are you suggesting that I run the program once, then adjust the offset, run again, and continue adjusting the offset and running until all of the parts are complete? I am trying to run this all night lights out

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had always assumed that the argument characters that show up in the sub program option could be used to pattern a sub program, but could never figure out how to use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Multi is in the first line of your program

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The "offset" is the distance from a point on your first shape to the same point on the next shape . . . X, Y distance, either plus or minus. Program a 1/4" drilled hole with center at 0,0 and in the first line choose multiple, offset type. Insert a line. Use .75 for the X offset that appeared when you inserted a line, and 1 for the Y offset. Now do a tool path. Two holes will show on the tool path even though you only programed one. Play with it a little and you will see how easy and powerful it is. Even works with negative offset values.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red James View Post
    The "offset" is the distance from a point on your first shape to the same point on the next shape . . . X, Y distance, either plus or minus. Program a 1/4" drilled hole with center at 0,0 and in the first line choose multiple, offset type. Insert a line. Use .75 for the X offset that appeared when you inserted a line, and 1 for the Y offset. Now do a tool path. Two holes will show on the tool path even though you only programed one. Play with it a little and you will see how easy and powerful it is. Even works with negative offset values.
    Alright I got it now, between James and Sudsey, Thanks guys. I was getting confused with the offset that you were describing within multimode and just a regular offset feature. This is super handy, wished that I would have known a long time ago how to do this.