What's new
What's new

Thread Tool Definition - The Basics (T2)

JohnXKennedy

Plastic
Alright, this is my first time single point threading the OD of a part on the T2. I'm having some trouble reconciling how I've set the Z-offset of my top notch insert and what I see on the trace screen.

If I zero out to the face of the part with another tool (set the program Z-offset) then drive over my threading tool the preview does not show the point of the tool accurately to where it is in reality.

I have tried adjusting the "width" of the tool in the tool file (is this supposed to be the full width of the insert like a grooving tool or 1/2 width?) but this does not seem to have any effect.

Really I'm just looking for guidance on how to set up a threading insert. I know its simple, its just not abundantly clear from my manuals and it seems too basic to be a commonly asked forum question.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Sudsy,

I played around with it and the operation is running fine, I've just made peace with the display not matching my insert geometry at all.

I'm just used to the display being pretty accurate, but its working so I'm satisfied.

Back