What's new
What's new

Through coolant pressure?

mmurray70

Stainless
Anybody know the standard through spindle coolant pressure on a 510c II? Or what would be normal on other mazak mills?

Im looking to add TSC to a machine and trying to figure out what size pump I need. Used to run a 510c II and found the through coolant setup to be pretty good. Thanks.

Anybody know the standard through spindle coolant pressure on a 510c II? Or what would be normal on other mazak mills?

Im looking to add TSC to a machine and trying to figure out what size pump I need. Used to run a 510c II and found the through coolant setup to be pretty good. Thanks.

there is pressure and flow rate. high pressure often helps keep small holes on tooling from getting plugged full of chips. flow rate helps blast chips out of the way (like out of holes being drilled)
coolant bouncing off part and hitting ceiling or door of cnc you tend to find leaks, coolant on the floor. useful to have valve to control excess flow, leaks at times. also coolant sometimes gets past way covers where its not suppose to be

Thanks Red James. Can anybody else confirm this number or make a recommendation? Not really needing super high pressure for tiny drills, mostly will need this for drilling in the 0.5-1.5" dia range.

Coolant Pressures

270 sounds a bit high, bearing in mind I'm running a 20 year old CNC VMC. I tend to keep the pressure just enough (~100 PSI) to provide adequate functioning. I have also built in a pressure relief valve. I put in the valve so in the event of a blockage I will not blow the tool from spindle, damage my Dublin coupling and drench my spindle bearings.:stirthepot:

I still have not checked the pressure, but being a cheap skate I plumbed in a 'flush hose' to the coolant circuit. A garden hose will immediately explode when coolant is turned on.

I still have not checked the pressure, but being a cheap skate I plumbed in a 'flush hose' to the coolant circuit. A garden hose will immediately explode when coolant is turned on.

Would have loved to see a video of that! :) We did the same thing on the 510 at my last job, put a T in with the through coolant line for washdown and put a solid tool in spindle. They used a regular compressed air hose for it and it worked just fine with coolant, didnt break down with the oil or anything.

You wouldn't be able to get a picture of the tag from your 510c pump would you? Or model number?

Back