What's new
What's new

Tool eye adjustment in the y axis

Ianagos

Stainless
Hey guys so I have an integrex with upper and lower turrets. My tool eye is off it the y axis. Meaning it’s too low. So the tips of the tools barely touch the sensor.

Now I spoke to Mazak and they said to use the adjustment cam screw to essentially tilt the arm up but the problem Im having with this is that it puts the z axis sensor off in the y axis so a tool tip measures different than an endmill by a little.

Now I measured and I have over .001” off from top of the sensor to the bottom.

What I was told I should do is use an indicator and adjust the arm so it is parallel with the z axis and this corrects the sensors so they are flat but then the tools tips don’t reach.

Here is the tools tips and how I measured to get the sensor flat
b4c30c6683710fd361a4de29bf508568.jpg

159bd189df7bd40a70918f40c14d6141.jpg

746fe709a6c7cd3ad8fe35f884d6666e.jpg

So that makes things perpendicular/ parallel etc

Mazak tech said the error will be so small it does not matter when I use that cam screw to adjust it but to me it think it does matter so I’d like to have it correct. The error is over .001”
c296a814a72bc1d4f5f77965ec4abf72.jpg

1dc8c3762e2a4a6f60e25a52d0e11a01.jpg

So my question is does anybody know how I should go about adjust this in y axis only with not changing the angle?

There are 2 joints I see bolted that I could shift but one seems doweled in place and the other definitely does not have the adjustment I need. (Aprox 3mm or .125”)

ea2c58943466b3f0757fa142eb7e3d45.jpeg

Looking at this photo you can see the 2 joints where it is possible to move. One is where the arm attached and the other is behind that arm under the Chuck.

Decided to break loos the arm and after a bunch of indicating and messing around with the position I’ve managed to make it a little better…

Once I broke the arm loose I ended up having to make a lot of adjustments in the other axis. But once I got that settled indicating on the tool eyes in y axis Im getting .0001” on the x sensor and about .0008” in the z sensor now.

While that’s not much better than it was it’s something.

I suspect if I want to do any better than that I’ll have to unbolt the arm from the larger mount and attempt to move it there.

How the heck do they set these things up in the factory? Seems to be little to no places for adjustment

You know how much each one is off so why not adjust the parameters to make them offset the tool to the same place?

Not sure what you mean?

Depends on the type of tool as to what the measurement will be? Depends where it touches the sensor as the sensor is not flat with the edge of the tool.

How can I adjust parâmetros this?

I misunderstood. I thought the top sensor to the bottom sensor was off. You are talking about the same pad being off. Can you make a shim plate to put under the eye and bring it up on Y axis while staying parallel?

I misunderstood. I thought the top sensor to the bottom sensor was off. You are talking about the same pad being off. Can you make a shim plate to put under the eye and bring it up on Y axis while staying parallel?

That’s what I was trying to avoid. But that may be what needs to happen.

Lanagos,

I also have an integrex and have the same problem with the tool setter dropping too low and the tool tip barely touching the edge of the sensor pad. This used to be OK and all of a sudden became too low. I'm having trouble locating the eccentric adjustment screw to adjust the arm back up. Can you tell me where it is?
I tried adjusting the big flat screw with a straight slot but that seems to be controlling the blow off air delivery and binds up the arm if adjusted beyond max air flow. There is a plug under that screw but when I pulled it was empty, probably just a port plug.
Thank you

First picture is with the arm up.

Mine has an 8mm hex on it but a lot actually use a small spanner.

There is a 4mm (might be 3mm) I think Allen screw that locks the rotation of that screw.

Second picture is me trying to point out the Allen lock screw. It is hard to get to but can be done easily once you know how it is.

d9032a2e7192153954f15eb209ca8abb.jpg

7c6e74523ee8bffbe4cea6b9040a0716.jpg

Back