What's new
What's new

TPlus- Setting turret index position.

ManualEd

Stainless
Hey All,

Got a bit a problem. I'm machining a 7" long piece sticking out of the chuck with a boring bar and drill sticking out about 5" from the turret. For some reason the machine likes to index about 6" towards the chuck from home position.
The approach path of both tools is fine, but on escape the drill JUST clears the part corner, and the boring bar has about .125" interference. So its close, but no cigar.

Is there a simple way to have the machine index at home position? It would be the easy way to solve my problem.

Other than that, is the fact that I have the BB shank set at .5" when its a 1" bar part of the problem? (Forgot to change it)

I tried to edit the TPC like some had said when I had a similar problem last, but it just says "No TPC data"

I've gotta get this running tomorrow morning ASAP.

Thanks for the help,

Ed.

Yes there is parameter P17

Aha thanks a lot Kaszub. I found another post where you posted a photo of the Mazak manual for tool change position.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...re-tool-change-happens-t-plus-control-323956/

So say for tool change point 2, what is clearance position defined by?
The longest tool in the turret, or just clearance for the current tool?

Edit: I'm dumb. Its written right in the legend there.

It must be set as #5 right now. I've never really looked into this. Its very interesting.

Thanks a lot. This is a HUGE help.

No problem, I was using search function on this site to find my old post and just couldn't find it. Glad you had better luck and found it yourself.

Relay points. You can access them through your TPC data. You can alter the escape and approach path using them . Handy for special occasions.

Another way I solve similar issue on a T3 machine is to add some on the OD on the first line.
Then the tool will travel more in X before it travel in Z.

I'm not sure how the machine calculates it, but the approach is fine. Its only on escape it will clip the finish machined shoulders.
I thought maybe telling the machine it is longer than it is would do it, but no bueno.

Relay points. You can access them through your TPC data. You can alter the escape and approach path using them . Handy for special occasions..

Where do I find the TPC? In program when I try to access the TPC soft key, it says "No TPC Data".

I'm not sure how the machine calculates it, but the approach is fine. Its only on escape it will clip the finish machined shoulders.
I thought maybe telling the machine it is longer than it is would do it, but no bueno.

Where do I find the TPC? In program when I try to access the TPC soft key, it says "No TPC Data".

You need to have pressed 'program edit' before you can enter TPC page. After you have edited the TPC, you unit will have a marker on it to highlight the TPC is active.
You can then view page without going into edit mode

You need to have pressed 'program edit' before you can enter TPC page. After you have edited the TPC, you unit will have a marker on it to highlight the TPC is active.
You can then view page without going into edit mode
I believe your cursor must be on the first line of the process in which you want to change your TPC data.

Back