Login to Your Account
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default TR23D-31-A repair?

Hey guys,

I'm having issues with one of the servo amps on my VQC20-40a (M2)

It will intermittently not work on startup. the fault condition can be seen in the photo below, but basically i've traced the fault to the TR23D-31-A board (i swapped the whole TRA31A from x and y axis and the fault followed the board, then i swapped the TR23D-31-A and the fault again followed that, so it must be at fault.

Has anyone repaired one before? is there something that is common to go on them?

I should hopefully have a spare on the way (second hand also) but would like to be able to fix this one if i can.

Cheers,
    Trav

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

sometimes it'll come up in this fault state as well. with it in this state i can press the reset hardware button on the board and it will then show a normal state, but the machine is still faulted and when i turn it off and on it comes back to this state again.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm having issues with one of the servo amps on my VQC20-40a (M2)

It will intermittently not work on startup. the fault condition can be seen in the photo below, but basically i've traced the fault to the TR23D-31-A board (i swapped the whole TRA31A from x and y axis and the fault followed the board, then i swapped the TR23D-31-A and the fault again followed that, so it must be at fault.

Has anyone repaired one before? is there something that is common to go on them?

I should hopefully have a spare on the way (second hand also) but would like to be able to fix this one if i can.

Cheers,
    Trav
    i've also noticed when it faults to this state, it will be showing all the LED's as soon as i hit the on button - in the other state it looks fine until the drives try to power up (i assume that's what's happening)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First thing to check is the capacitors. Change the lot would probably be best. Only get good quality name brand ones as some of the cheap ones aren't much chop. I get a lot of stuff from here https://au.element14.com/. Otherwise I get the rest from overseas. Yes some are china based but have the quality components in stock.

Mouser Electronics, Inc. Australia
    Sierra IC World Leading Electronic Component Distributor
    Product Categories - Jotrin Electronics
    Chip One Stop - Shopping site for electronic components and semiconductors.

5. Likes xa-mont liked this post