What's new
What's new

Using tool eye for broken tool detection, Integrex 200IISY

BradLEE

Plastic
Hello all,

I'm trying to use the tool eye for broken tool detection and don't know how to go about it. All I know is G36 is used but that's all. Is checking for a broken tool with the tool eye possible? All I need is Z tool length, not X. I'm using 1mm EM in titanium and want to check it in auto mode. If anyone has some NC I can review I could sure use it.

Machine is 2001 Integrex 200IISY with 640MT controller.

Thanks in advance!

Brad

I know an Integrex can do this because my old T-3 controller supports this function. You just write a tool probing process (unit) and only put in the Z value max tolerance so it only probes in Z. If the tolerance falls outside of your set value, the machine will alarm out and stop.

Hey guys, sorry it's taken me so long to be back to this post. (I need to change my settings to notify me when I get replies.)

I have made progress to a point. I can get the machine to perform the "Broken Tool Check" but I get an alarm, "126 illegal measuring sensor signal" on the very next tool. Both the tool being checked, 1mm EM, and the following tool, 2mm Ball EM are "Live". Any ideas why I get this alarm on the second tool? It performs an ATC fine, but when it reads G01 I get the alarm.

Here's my NC at the EOC. (Tool 24 is being checked)

M09 M05
G00 X6. Z5.5 (safe position for tool eye release)
M83 (tool eye release)
G36 Z0 K10. P24 Q2 D.02 A0 (argument to capture)
X3.53 (positional move to eye)
G01 G98 Z4.5 F25. (positional move to eye)
G31 Z3.9 F12.5 (feed into tool eye)
G0 Z5.5 (rapid away)
G30 U0. V0. W0. (home)
M84
M01

Back