What's new
What's new

VC-500C chip pan orientation

kb0thn

Stainless
Hi Guys,

I have a brand new VC-500C showing up on Friday. I've been asking Mazak for over a month now how the chip tray slides out. I didn't order the chip conveyor, so being able to fully pull out the pan is a requirement for me.

The sales person indicated that the pan pulls out the front. But the machine drawing shows wheels that make it look like it comes out the left side of the machine.

If anybody has a modern vintage VC-500C, I would be most grateful if you could tell me which way the pan goes and how much clearance I need to get it all of the way out. Shop space is tight for me and this will make a big difference in how I locate and orientate the machine. We are literally moving every machine in the shop to make room!

Thanks,

-Jim

It should come out the left side, the front has the leveing feet in the way. At least on the 5X versions all come out the left side.

Awesome! Well, not really for my application. But awesome for an answer. It's apparently impossible for Mazak to answer.

Any idea how much left side clearance is needed to get the tray out completely for service? Also how wide the tray is?

Really discouraged with my first new Mazak purchase. Their attitude is wait until you get the machine and then you can see what you got. I haven't been able to get the manual or basic information like this. They literally want me to have the machine in place and ready to power up so they can come and turn on the machine before I can even see the manual. Crazy!

Are you dealing with the Midwest direct office or a distributor?

Purchased through the Minnesota dealer. Northwest Machine. Honestly they have been great. But Mazak just isn't making with info. My salesman happens to be at Mazak today for something and he was able to go out to the factory floor and see the machine and figure it out. Apparently the tray is setup to come out the side. But it has 360 degree casters on it, so it can roll any direction. So removing the skirting on the front will allow the tray to come out the front and solve my problem.

But I still think it is crazy that I need to have the machine hooked up and running before I can see the manual.

Back