What's new
What's new

VCS430A (SMART) - "218 Conveyor Thermal" trip won't clear - No breakers tripped.

DMSCNC

Plastic
VCS430A (SMART) - "218 Conveyor Thermal" trip won't clear - No breakers tripped.

Hi All,

We have a VCS430A and I had a thermal trip a couple of days ago, usually this only happens if the conveyor jams and trips the breaker. The usual breaker wasn't tripped in this situation and the conveyor is working. It seems to be the Screws which have tripped not the conveyor. I have checked all the breakers in the cabinet and nothing appears to be tripped, unless I have missed one somewhere... The ones associated to the alarm as per the manual are all OK.

The machine still runs OK with the alarm, it just means you can't see any other alarms appear as it constantly says "218 Conveyor Thermal Trip".

Any ideas...?

Thanks.

Update - One of the screws had become jammed with an object I didn't see so as soon as the machine fired up and tried to drive the screw it tripped instantly. What is strange is that the breaker wasn't tripping yet I was still seeing the alarm...

While I have not seen your machine, it is common to use a solid state thermal overload. This is not a circuit breaker and some models will auto reset.

Charles

Back