What's new
What's new

very clean looking mazak on ebay has this been repainted

CBlair

Diamond
Well I am not a Mazak person as I dont own one but I always keep my eye out for them anyway. I saw this one on ebay and thought it was a pretty nice looking machine for its age. I dont think it has been repainted and the op panel looks pretty good, anyone think this is a rebuilt unit? Or did someone really love this thing...that is a lot of years for the outside to still look as nice as it does, I wonder what it looks like inside?

Mazak FJV35 80 CNC Bridge Type Vertical Machining Center Tooling thru Coolant | eBay

Charles

Basically an 80x30x30 machine with a 50 taper spindle. Not much to see there for a 6000rpm machine. I wouldnt give them $90K for it.

Its probly not there either. Once a used machine hits the market there are a handful of resellers that list it as *in stock but FOB. ...in fact google it the machine is everywhere.

Yow...where did that green come from...might need to take 20k off just for that. :) I have no interest in any of these, I just thought that the machine looked really nice for one that old.

Charles

It's possible that a machine could look that nice. I bought a Mazak Quick Turn 10 and a VQC 20/50, both machines mid 80's vintage and outside they look damn near like brand new machines with original paint.

Frank

It's possible that a machine could look that nice. I bought a Mazak Quick Turn 10 and a VQC 20/50, both machines mid 80's vintage and outside they look damn near like brand new machines with original paint.

Frank

This is true! Some real obsessive-compulsive, clean freaks out there! They think they get paid by how clean the machine is rather than for making PARTS!

This is true! Some real obsessive-compulsive, clean freaks out there! They think they get paid by how clean the machine is rather than for making PARTS!

Some paints must really shed dirt/grease easilly.

On the HMC that we got in this fall, it had been wiped down daily and looks nice, but we had to remove the tool chain to move past another machine when we rigged it in. Behind the chain was 15 yrs of grease.

A bucket of coolant and a rag was all that was required to wipe it down to the point that you could not see a parting line from where it had been cleaned every day - to where it had never been cleaned. I was shocked!

This things white aint as white as the pic, but then I don't know that it started that way?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Never said anything about a Fadal or a Kitamura or a Cincinatti or a Haas or a Hurco. Also the current version of that machine runs circles around that machine.

I think the operator panel looks about right for offsite programming. I wouldnt worry much about the operator panel as I would about the rest of the machine.

Never said anything about a Fadal or a Kitamura or a Cincinatti or a Haas or a Hurco. Also the current version of that machine runs circles around that machine.

I think the operator panel looks about right for offsite programming. I wouldnt worry much about the operator panel as I would about the rest of the machine.

Depending on what the user is doing, the current FJV is not very different from a 1998 machine. The M-Plus control is still extremely capable, and structurally the only real difference between the new FJV and the old one, is all of the fancy 5 face options they have available now. That 15 year old machine will embarrass any 30 inch Y travel, C frame machine.

Hmm it appears that the M plus will do 3d contouring at 700ipm..is that correct? It appears that the older and newer FJVs in that size have the same rapids, feed rates and are built almost identical (most likely the same ballscrews).

LOL. This not a Fadal. You wouldn't give them 90K, and they wouldn't take $90K. The current version of that machine is north of $500k.

Do you think it is possible they can get over $120k for it? I've never really looked into machines this size but 160K plus seems kinda expensive for that vintage (based off of nothing other then my feelings).

Back