What's new
What's new

Video doing the first bar pull on the T32B - QT15N

M K

Cast Iron
Hi

I thought I’d share this quick video on my YouTube channel of me doing a bar pull on the Hyundai QT15n with mazatrol T32B controller

Nothing too exciting but all cnc is new to me so it’s all huge leaps forward to manual stuff

Thanks
Marc

YouTube

Nice!

I had a devil of a time getting the chuck open to work because I did not know that the bar feeder toggle switch had to be on for the chuck jaws to open under program control. I found this by spending a bunch of time pouring over the ladder diagram. T2 Control here.

Also, I knew this was a risk but I still got crossed up and wound up trying to face and turn a part with only 1/8" held in the collet. Did not work well at all. I have read several ideas to avoid this but have not tried any.

Hi

Yeah mine just needed a parameter change for chuck open and close automation, it doesn’t have a bar feed toggle switch,

With regards to gripping in the collet, I cut my bars at 1meter lengths, and work out how many pieces it will do and still leave a minimum of 60mm in the collet and then set the number of repeats/work pieces to suit

The only issue I’m having is maybe 1 in 15 times the chuck does not open on command and I get the chuck clamp exceed time error and have to jump in and open it in manual mode via the foot pedal and then back into auto and carry on

I have no idea why it does this on the odd occasion! Very annoying

Thanks
Marc

Back