What's new
What's new

VQC 2050B died...now runs?

Jgryz450

Cast Iron
Hey everyone when I say thank you in advance for any help I have a 1986 mazak vqc 2050b and I was running along making my parts and all of a sudden it shuts off completely I power down power backup and the control won't turn on so I go to the power supply for the control and push the power button and it came on so I tell myself okay that power supply is good so I powered the machine back off all the way and and the control wouldn't come back on and if I held the power on button in it seemed like it would try but the screen would stay dark with white squiggly lines so I power down again open up the cabinet pushed in all the connectors I could find flicked my relays turned all the breakers on and off and then when I went to start it again still no luck and I power down all the way again and try that one more time and the Machine came alive and I could finish my job now the machine turns on and off like normal it's probably 73 degrees in the shop so I didn't really think heat would be the a matter and all my fans are running? When the control wouldn't turn on the normal lights were lit up on the spindle control and on the relay board and everything else was still dark I guess until the control comes on so let me know if any of yous experienced this and what I could possibly do to not have the same issue again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks sudzy, it hasn't done it since? Then again it's only been turned on to test to see if it would do it again. My wife just gave birth to my son Christopher so I've been really busy with that lately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back